• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

Soooo...the wife and daughter have decided to go on a week long vacation in the first full week of June. Great. Thanks guys! Where we going? LAS VEGAS?! Oh dear hockey gods, *please* work this out for me that I could go to a game to see my beloved Hurricanes in Las Vegas that week. PLEASE?!
We are going to miss that by a week. We go out there May 28th and fly back June 3rd. I guess in theory we could catch a WCF game, but I doubt we do that.

My wife and I are going to be in Toronto from June 7th to the 10th, meaning we couldn't have lucked out any better. If we make it to the finals, games 1 and 2 will be immediately before we leave and game 5 will be the day after we get home!

This series with Florida is wide open. I have no clue who is going to win it
Carolina's depth is going to give Florida trouble, while Florida's physicality will bother the Canes. It's two teams that love to play fast and love to forecheck, but when it comes to the details they approach virtually everything differently. And as always, special teams and goaltending will be huge factors. It's tough to call with any confidence, honestly. I like Carolina's chances, but it wouldn't shock me to see them drop a close series either.

We are going to miss that by a week. We go out there May 28th and fly back June 3rd. I guess in theory we could catch a WCF game, but I doubt we do that.

My wife and I are going to be in Toronto from June 7th to the 10th, meaning we couldn't have lucked out any better. If we make it to the finals, games 1 and 2 will be immediately before we leave and game 5 will be the day after we get home!

We can't afford to go anywhere because we're buying Canes playoff tickets!

:)

Go to the Hockey Hall of Fame and then trek over to see a Blue Jays game if they are in town...the new changes to Rogers Centre are top notch! I had some family go this past weekend and they have raved about the changes to the entire game atmosphere and amenities.

We can't afford to go anywhere because we're buying Canes playoff tickets!

:)
This ... although I've already had one freebie trip this year and have another one coming in August. Otherwise I'm bugging out for our place in the mountains for a couple of weeks in June, but for once I remembered to secure a window after the Finals wrap up.

Go to the Hockey Hall of Fame and then trek over to see a Blue Jays game if they are in town...the new changes to Rogers Centre are top notch! I had some family go this past weekend and they have raved about the changes to the entire game atmosphere and amenities.
I have done both already. (I get to the GTA about every month, as I do a lot of business in Canada.)

My wife and I took a long-planned trip to Disney World in April 2019. Fortunately, it was during the first 2 games of the Caps series. We rolled into Hollywood Studio wearing Canes shirts and the wheelchair rental attendant spotted us and yelled “Carolina Hurricanes! I remember when we had a hockey team.” And I’m thinking the ECHL Orlando Solar Bears? Then I hear “best record in the league, league’s leading scorer” and realize he’s talking about the Lightning, who were in the process of getting swept by the Jackets. We watched the game on my phone in a brew pub. Later that day, we had a meet and greet with Olaf. He pointed to our shirts and mimicked a slap shot, which his handler mistook for a golf swing.

We have tickets to see 1776 at DPAC on 5/30, I think I’ll try to change them, just in case this goes 7 games.

We have tickets to see 1776 at DPAC on 5/30, I think I’ll try to change them, just in case this goes 7 games.
Probably a good bet... I think this one's going the distance. I grabbed 1 extra pair tix during the STM presale to sell for game 7.

Last edited:
My wife and I took a long-planned trip to Disney World in April 2019. Fortunately, it was during the first 2 games of the Caps series. We rolled into Hollywood Studio wearing Canes shirts and the wheelchair rental attendant spotted us and yelled “Carolina Hurricanes! I remember when we had a hockey team.” And I’m thinking the ECHL Orlando Solar Bears? Then I hear “best record in the league, league’s leading scorer” and realize he’s talking about the Lightning, who were in the process of getting swept by the Jackets. We watched the game on my phone in a brew pub. Later that day, we had a meet and greet with Olaf. He pointed to our shirts and mimicked a slap shot, which his handler mistook for a golf swing.

I've got a picture of myself riding the new Tron Lightcycle ride in the Magic Kingdom wearing a Canes shirt the day of Game 1 against the Islanders. The only people who commented on the logo were Islanders fans who assured me that they'd sweep the Canes. I'm quite content with that memory. The ride was fun, but the schadenfreude is even better.

For the record, I love 1776. The Jaccob Slavin of late 60s/early 70's Broadway shows ... deeply underrated.

I've got a picture of myself riding the new Tron Lightcycle ride in the Magic Kingdom wearing a Canes shirt the day of Game 1 against the Islanders. The only people who commented on the logo were Islanders fans who assured me that they'd sweep the Canes. I'm quite content with that memory. The ride was fun, but the schadenfreude is even better.

For the record, I love 1776. The Jaccob Slavin of late 60s/early 70's Broadway shows ... deeply underrated.

We are taking our annual Disney/Universal trip July 21-28. The Tron ride is on my list

This version has been reimagined with an all female and transgender cast. I’m not sure I’m ready to see a woman playing George Washington.

The DFW Airport bar I’m sitting in has NHL Network on and Jackie Redmond is live at PNC. The towels are already on the seats. Those poor interns…

Back