• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

And Byron Bader, who created Hockey Prospecting, says the Canes put on a drafting clinic again.

They've definitely got a system and they definitely stick to it. Again, none of this is all that predictable but you have to appreciate the Canes for having a consistent game plan and not being blown to and fro by whatever this year's nonsense trend might be.

Corey Pronman gave the Canes draft a B. He thinks Nadeau is the only one with a chance to play in the league. He also noted that the Canes have drafted 9 Russians over the last 2 drafts.

Corey Pronman gave the Canes draft a B. He thinks Nadeau is the only one with a chance to play in the league. He also noted that the Canes have drafted 9 Russians over the last 2 drafts.
They were due a dud rating from Pronman. He's been getting increasingly frustrated with Carolina's lack of high end results.

Chris Johnston from TSN tweeted that Jesse Puljujarvi recently underwent double hip surgery and won’t be qualified.

Chris Johnston from TSN tweeted that Jesse Puljujarvi recently underwent double hip surgery and won’t be qualified.

Interesting. When watching him play for the Canes, I attributed his lack of explosiveness to indecision and uncertainty. Turns out that it might have been more physical, given surgery on both hips. Kid ... if you're smarter than you looked when you were out then I apologize for suggesting you might be a bit dim.

That would likely put him on the shelf for a good portion of next year, maybe take the year off kid and see where things go from there.

Coghlan was the only RFA given a QO. Pool Party, Mattheos and and Bokk are free agents. Shame about Mattheos, he really never got back on track after his cancer treatment.

Jesper Fast and the Canes finishing up and finalizing a two year extension with the Canes at $2.4 million per. Per Chris Johnston.
Good dude to have around, as always. He hasn't really showed his age at all and was Carolina's most statistically effective player in the playoffs this year.

So I guess the Canes may let Freddy explore free agency tomorrow and Waddell perhaps kicks the tires on a Varlamov, Korpisalo or someone else?

I’m hoping Freddie stays. I’d like to see (for the right price), Duchene sign on with the Canes. He’d be a great #2 center and really give the team even more depth.

Back