• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

Someone had Connor McDavid 5th on their Hart Trophy ballot. Jack Edwards is trending on Twitter, the Twitterverse is convinced that it was his ballot. That he’s not a member of the Professional Hockey Writers Association doesn’t seem to matter.
Heck ... could have easily been one of the big-brained hockeymen who covers the Oilers out of Edmonton. I could 100% see one of that pack of morons talking himself into 4 guys who were better than the best player on Earth

LeBrun today mentioned that he is 'hearing that Seattle, Toronto and Carolina are among several teams who have chatted with San Jose about Erik Karlsson".

I can't at all picture how that type of trade would look for the Canes. Almost certainly Brady Skjei would need to go, which would either leave us another hole to fill with a LHD that can actually defend OR the prospect of playing Slavin more than 30 minutes a game.

Obviously a TDA move doesn't happen if the Canes somehow end up with Karlsson. Hopefully the Canes brain trust do realize that we can't entirely fix our lack of goalscoring by just adding more goal scoring Dmen.

I'm chalking this up to the Canes 'being in on everything' and don't expect anything to come of it.

LeBrun today mentioned that he is 'hearing that Seattle, Toronto and Carolina are among several teams who have chatted with San Jose about Erik Karlsson".

I can't at all picture how that type of trade would look for the Canes. Almost certainly Brady Skjei would need to go, which would either leave us another hole to fill with a LHD that can actually defend OR the prospect of playing Slavin more than 30 minutes a game.

Obviously a TDA move doesn't happen if the Canes somehow end up with Karlsson. Hopefully the Canes brain trust do realize that we can't entirely fix our lack of goalscoring by just adding more goal scoring Dmen.

I'm chalking this up to the Canes 'being in on everything' and don't expect anything to come of it.
The kinda money and package to land Karlsson...no thanks a hundred times over from me.

Anyone else expect Waddell to make a big splash on day 1 of the draft?
I mean ... maybe? I wouldn;t be shocked either way honestly. I'm hearing they have a chunky list of players they really like with the pick which means they're almost guaranteed a player they actually want, but for the right move I could see them dealing it.

I would like to see them make the pick, deep draft, lots of solid talent even at 30. They have enough cap space to still find what they need via trade or free agency after tonight.

I think the Canes game is to pick as many player as possible so I expect them to trade down a bunch of times.

He's that potential high upside kid we always shoot for. Not a "safe pick", he is the kid you hope turns into a 70-80 point guy BUT might end up like Dominik Bokk and end up not being an NHLer. He wasn't a reach at 30th overall.

Going to be a Freshman at Maine, we will see how things go away from the BCHL.

Sporting News had Nadeau at 32
NHL Central Scouting had him 17th for NA Skaters
The Hockey News had him 35th
Bob McKenzie had him 31

Corey Pronman projected Nadeau as a middle 6 winger, comparable to Victor Olofsson. His skating is above NHL average, his shot is high end. Puck skills, compete and hockey sense are NHL average. One complaint is that he plays on the perimeter too much. But he also says he’s one of the best pure goal scorers in the league.

Scott Wheeler loved the pick, he had the Canes as a winner. Unlike Pronman, he thinks Nadeau has top of the lineup talent.

Back