• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

Per Elliotte Friedman, Tarasenko has changed agents and is now represented by JP Barry and Pat Brisson of CAA. So we start from scratch. Brisson doesn’t represent any Canes, Barry represents 1, on a low price deal.

Oof! Does this become an un signing of a signing rumor? 🤔 and now we wait on Karlsson, Terasanko and whatever the rumor mill decides to print and post…

I have to admit I was hoping on Tarasenko just so the Karlsson rumors went away for good...the cap fit for a guy like Karlsson just to me still makes zero sense unless the Sharks are eating 50%! But even at 50% retention...what are the Canes trading away asset wise in that type of deal...

Tarasenko with no assets given up sounds better and throw in a Skjei trade for a young forward and were cooking!

Oof! Does this become an un signing of a signing rumor? 🤔 and now we wait on Karlsson, Terasanko and whatever the rumor mill decides to print and post…
No guarantee one way or another. A lot of times players will change agents because the original guy wasn't doing what he was told ... or failed to follow through on a promise. Often a change of agent leads to a quick resolution for a player.

And FWIW, as a fan you were already waiting for resolution, so not a single thing has changed. There's zero reason to get excited or upset about rumors or predictions.

Larry Brooks said all the offers were in the $5.5 - 6 million range and he rejected all of them and fired his agents. He wants to stay with the Rangers but they don’t have any room.

Larry Brooks said all the offers were in the $5.5 - 6 million range and he rejected all of them and fired his agents. He wants to stay with the Rangers but they don’t have any room.

There ya go. His agent likely promised him either a bigger number or a contract from the Rangers and couldn't deliver either.

Hopefully Tarasenko isn't expecting to get more than $6 million per on a short or long deal. That contract is not available and it's not going to be. He can cycle through all of the certified NHL agents he wants to, he is not getting more than $6 million AAV and will probably be hard pressed to get a deal longer than 2 years.

Hopefully Tarasenko isn't expecting to get more than $6 million per on a short or long deal. That contract is not available and it's not going to be. He can cycle through all of the certified NHL agents he wants to, he is not getting more than $6 million AAV and will probably be hard pressed to get a deal longer than 2 years.
The only teams likely to go longer than 1-2 years are the bad/rebuilding ones.

Seems like he’s alway on the move or rumored to be on the move - seems like a high maintenance date. Then he always seems just ok. I don’t really follow him but this noise seems to be more of the same. Wants to stay with the rangers but they don’t want him. Wants more than he’s going to get so changes agent.

am I wrong? He seems like a headache.

Seems like he’s alway on the move or rumored to be on the move - seems like a high maintenance date. Then he always seems just ok. I don’t really follow him but this noise seems to be more of the same. Wants to stay with the rangers but they don’t want him. Wants more than he’s going to get so changes agent.

That's about 180 degrees from my perception. The man was absolutely loved in the St. Louis community.

Not sure it’s accurate to say the Rangers don’t want him. But there’s no way they can afford him. They have $6M to spend and need to sign Lafreniere and K’Andre Miller.

Tarasenko can be seen as a headache if that's how you want to see him. He got fed up in St Louis and may have been treated badly by their medical staff so he ended up asking out. He's been a VERY good player so I'm not sure where the idea that he's "just OK" comes from. He was just OK when he was playing with a blown up shoulder ... which is to be expected. I'm not here to pump his tires or anything. He's not the shooter he once was, but that's down to age and injury. He's still a terrifically creative winger who is deadly on the rush and very good at the half wall on the PP ... things this Canes team BADLY needs. The team would absolutely be better with Tarasenko.

Thanks. Like I said that was just my perception not having followed him too closely. It just seemed like every time I hear of him it’s in this kind of context - which may not be fair to him.

Not sure it’s accurate to say the Rangers don’t want him. But there’s no way they can afford him. They have $6M to spend and need to sign Lafreniere and K’Andre Miller.
Ok. Don’t want him bad enough to make it happen then.

Thanks. Like I said that was just my perception not having followed him too closely. It just seemed like every time I hear of him it’s in this kind of context - which may not be fair to him.
I mean, it's just not fair to him, no. Until his shoulder got blown up right after St Louis won the Cup, you'd have been hard pressed to find anybody saying a single bad thing about the guy.

All quiet in Calgary and Winnipeg but those teams still have a ton of unfinished business and some pretty good players wanting out…back to the phones Dandy Don! 😀

Lord have mercy, Canadian hockey Youtube has pretty much crowned the Leafs as the next Stanley Cup champ already with their signing of those three guys last week. Tyler Bertuzzi, Max freakin' Domi, and that goon from Vegas are just the pieces that the Leafs need to get them over the playoff hump. LOL.

Lord have mercy, Canadian hockey Youtube has pretty much crowned the Leafs as the next Stanley Cup champ already with their signing of those three guys last week. Tyler Bertuzzi, Max freakin' Domi, and that goon from Vegas are just the pieces that the Leafs need to get them over the playoff hump. LOL.
How is that different than the last several years? Big bark, no bite

The only teams likely to go longer than 1-2 years are the bad/rebuilding ones.
Except Uncle Lou on Long Island, who gave Sorokin 8 years and Engvall and Mayfield 7 years. The Pens gave Ryan Graves 6 years and Tristan Jarry 5. Miles Wood got 6 from the Avs, Compher got 5 from the Red Wings, Korpisalo got 5 from the Sens. Those are the only contracts that are at least 5 years.

Of course they are. Did you expect anything different? By the start of the season, they'll already have the Cup parade route mapped out. The (over the top) Leafs press will be agitating the fans and dissecting the players just as hard as they can go. It's what they do.

Jim

Back