• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

Honestly, fuck NCSU fans. No one besides them cares about their delusional fantasies of ever becoming a division 1 contender in ANY sport. And the drunk tailgating contingent only care about getting wasted and sleeping in a tent until someone wakes them up when it's time to go home. Not one person in charge of writing million dollar checks give two shits about these whiners.
Most. Kahuna. Post. Ever!

:ROFLMAO:

Any idea of how long the renovation will take? 10 years? 15? Are blueprints even drawn up yet? Or do the various county/town councils need to yell about it first? Of course, that will be a huge boat anchor to the progress of the plan if it needs to happen yet.
No one does blueprints anymore, dingus! It's all PDFs with no ammonia fumes fucking with our heads.

No one does blueprints anymore, dingus! It's all PDFs with no ammonia fumes fucking with our heads.

Back in the mid-'90s, I worked at Accent Reprographics for a few months. What an unpleasant, ammonia-filled existence that was. Oof

I'm calling bullshit on that one. SCO sucks monkey nuts.
They do ... but they do so less slowly than others when properly (ie ... politically) motivated. SCO has no reason to get their butts up on this one and has likely had previews along the way.

The $1 billion renovation at Madison Square Garden was primarily done over 3 off-seasons, starting in 2011. The New York Liberty WNBA team had to relocate, since they play a summer schedule.
For context, that just the building renovation ... with some associated stuff. Dundon is planning a BUNCH of new infrastructure including parking decks. It's gonna take a hot minute for the whole ting, but I'd be shocked if the building upgrades themselves take more than 2 off-seasons. And there's no reason for disruption of usage for the tenants if they schedule work they way they were talking about when they did focus groups a few years ago.

Last edited:
Honestly, fuck NCSU fans. No one besides them cares about their delusional fantasies of ever becoming a division 1 contender in ANY sport. And the drunk tailgating contingent only care about getting wasted and sleeping in a tent until someone wakes them up when it's time to go home. Not one person in charge of writing million dollar checks give two shits about these whiners.
Look, I'm a lifelong NC State fan and I agree with you ... at least in generalities. In truth the average tailgating State football fan is more likely to be sleeping it off in a $400K custom RV than in a tent. State's football fan base is absolutely chocked full of whiny, myopic d-bags who care way more about their parking lot parties than they do actually going into the stadium. Which has always been two miles past bizarre to me.

Bottom line ... parking decks suck and ARE going to change the game day experience for football AND hockey. Not for the better either. So it's not like they're wrong, really. But that doesn't give them the right to be insufferable trolls about it, which is 100% what they're gonna do.

BTW ... word of warning. The last version of arena changes I saw featured less standard seating at the expense of loge sections featuring premium services. That will lower capacity, and you're going to see higher average ticket prices to compensate. Just sayin' ... don't sound like State fans do right now when that invoice hits your inbox, STHers.

I'm just saying that a huge chunk of NCSU meatheads have done nothing but whine about the Canes since the 90s. If not for the Canes, they'd still be playing basketball in a barn. I've never seen a more petty, obnoxious, uneducated fanbase outside of Dallas. And ouside of their own echo chamber, I can assure you that NO one on this planet gives two shits about State fans opinions on parking, arena renovations, etc.

I'm just saying that a huge chunk of NCSU meatheads have done nothing but whine about the Canes since the 90s.
This is accurate. And the more involved in football tailgating you are, the higher the chances that you fit into this category ... in my personal experience. Oh and also message board people. The Venn diagram of tailgaters and message board jockeys fits snugly in the "State fans that hate the Hurricanes" section of the chart.

For context, that just the building renovation ... with some associated stuff. Dundon is planning a BUNCH of new infrastructure including parking decks. It's gonna take a hot minute for the whole ting, but I'd be shocked if the building upgrades themselves take more than 2 off-seasons. And there's no reason for disruption of usage for the tenants if they schedule work they way they were talking about when they did focus groups a few years ago.
Right, I’m assuming the NHL clock for the ASG and outdoor game starts when the building renovations are through, not the ancillary stuff. Because if we have to wait until all 80 acres is built out and the infrastructure is complete, it’s the emptiest of empty promises.

Right, I’m assuming the NHL clock for the ASG and outdoor game starts when the building renovations are through, not the ancillary stuff. Because if we have to wait until all 80 acres is built out and the infrastructure is complete, it’s the emptiest of empty promises.
Yeah, you'd think. And look, if they go the slow, cautious, wait for phase 1 to be successful before breaking ground on phase 2 kind of deal then you COULD be talking 6-8 years or maybe a decade before the whole master plan is built out. That's how I'd advocate if I was on the development team, anyway. Do the stuff in the arena, which should increase gameday revenues and contribute to the rents the Canes will start paying in 2029. Roll in the first phase of the parking decks (should be a mild revenue source), the sports book (completely new revenue source) in like Phase 1B because those are no-brainers. Then take it a chunk at a time. Do a deck, the office building and phase one of the retail/entertainment support. Then do another deck and the hotel with another phase of retail/entertainment. Finish it off with whatever's left, saving the fancy stuff like the music venue until the last phase ... if ever. Those rarely do as much business as the pinhookers tell you they will. You'd probably do better with one of those fancy bowling alley/restaurant/sports bar combos, honestly. Save the stars and garters until everything else looks viable.

Mimeographs. How I gave quizzes as a grad assistant in the 80s. The students loved them but man, fresh off the machine, they were divine.

Reactions: LJG
I grew up on a printing family. That smell is forever ingrained in my senses. I worked part time in high school, at Edwards and Broughton on Capital Blvd.

Back