• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

I grew up on a printing family. That smell is forever ingrained in my senses. I worked part time in high school, at Edwards and Broughton on Capital Blvd.
First piece of equipment I learned how to use at my Dad's office was the blueprint machine. Sooooooo many chemical fumes, so many jugs and tubes. Ugh. We threw a small party when we bought our first wide format copier, but even then the sheer volume of toner those things went through was impressive.

To NC State fans concerned about losing parking/tailgating, Boo Corrigan says hold your sphincters.

FWIW, that faction of the fan base already hates Corrigan with a white hot passion. His reassurances may actually make things worse.

Here's a suggestion. Those people are morons, so SHOW THEM PICTURES. And quickly, please. Before this thing grows into an ingrained mythology.

We park in the 5000 lot for tailgating and I hope it stays. And we go for the tailgate and the game, but the game is the priority, even during a hurricane. Helps that we're all NCSU grads and one is a former Pack LB.

I remember the mimeograph funk from K-12 days.

I remember the mimeograph funk from K-12 days.
My senior year in High School I was an office assistant for two periods a day because all I had was like 4 AP classes and didn't need a study hall. Man, I ran off so many mimeographs for teachers that I really never got the fluid funk out of my head for weeks at a time. No telling how many brain cells I left in the copy room.

I grew up on a printing family. That smell is forever ingrained in my senses.
Me, too. This is my grandfather and his family in front of the original family business in Brooklyn. All three of his sons (including my dad) went into the business.

pdf112.jpg

In the 60s, the business moved out to Long Island. That's my dad working on the press on the left...

pdf111.jpg

They kept it going until the early 00s, when technology and more nimble competitors forced them to shut it down.

Last edited:
Fun story ... I once helped with some work in the press room at the News and Observer than involved moving the main printing press itself. It was like moving a freaking battleship ... without water. Ugh ... PTSD.

Fun story ... I once helped with some work in the press room at the News and Observer than involved moving the main printing press itself. It was like moving a freaking battleship ... without water. Ugh ... PTSD.
Whose shoes did you piss on to get that assignment?

https://broadstreetbuzz.com/2023/08/16/flyers-hurricanes-swap-groups-players/#66567-comment-replies

There must be something in the water in Philly to make anyone come up with this garbage.

To clarify, I'm not familiar with all the Phlyers players this guy is offering up, but given Philly's record, ineptitude, and struggles of late, what in the world makes him think GMDW and RBA might even want them? Kinda seems to me that Carolina has built the team they want based on performance and team chemistry. Kochetkov, Fast, and Pesce might be players Philly desires, but please spare us from your delusional orange & black pipe dream. This is the same guy who thought how great it would be for RBA to go back to Philly to coach. Mmmm, o.k., sure...anything else? Then this.
Dude needs to go haunt some other team with his wish list of summertime boredom, maybe?

I was going to take the bait and sign in to comment on their site, but I sure as hell don't want to get barraged with Flyers B.S. coming through my email. Just. Stop.

Jim

https://broadstreetbuzz.com/2023/08/16/flyers-hurricanes-swap-groups-players/#66567-comment-replies

There must be something in the water in Philly to make anyone come up with this garbage.

To clarify, I'm not familiar with all the Phlyers players this guy is offering up, but given Philly's record, ineptitude, and struggles of late, what in the world makes him think GMDW and RBA might even want them? Kinda seems to me that Carolina has built the team they want based on performance and team chemistry. Kochetkov, Fast, and Pesce might be players Philly desires, but please spare us from your delusional orange & black pipe dream. This is the same guy who thought how great it would be for RBA to go back to Philly to coach. Mmmm, o.k., sure...anything else? Then this.
Dude needs to go haunt some other team with his wish list of summertime boredom, maybe?

I was going to take the bait and sign in to comment on their site, but I sure as hell don't want to get barraged with Flyers B.S. coming through my email. Just. Stop.

Jim
Philly’s plan would be then to flip Fast to Edmonton for Connor McDavid plus a first round pick, with Edmonton retaining half of McDavid’s salary.

Genius plan. Just genius. I can't believe that no one else thought to do that, but hey, fortune favors the brave

Putting aside the lunacy of taking Carter Hart, the Canes are going to take 3 guys who may not break into that crappy lineup?

Jim
Yeah ... the best thing to do with Broad Street Buzz is to pretend they don't exist. I think the guys who write for that blog take the name as an instruction because they write like people who wake and bake on the regular.

Back