• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

In the last 30 games, the Hurricanes are 24-3-3. Is that right? That can't be right.
To quote Lili Von Shtupp, “it’s twue”.

This starts with the Calgary game on 11/26. Summary for the league and game by game for the Canes below that. Over that stretch, the Canes are 2nd in goals per game at 3.80, tied for 3rd in goals against per game at 2.50, 12th on the PP at 24.2% (which brings the season up to 20%, and indication of just how bad the PP was over the first 21 games) and 7th on the PK at 83.3%

Last edited:
To quote Lili Von Shtupp, “it’s twue”.

This starts with the Calgary game on 11/26. Summary for the league and game by game for the Canes below that. Over that stretch, the Canes are 2nd in goals per game at 3.80, tied for 3rd in goals against per game at 2.50, 12th on the PP at 24.2% (which brings the season up to 20%, and indication of just how bad the PP was over the first 21 games) and 7th on the PK at 83.3%

One of my all time favorite movies!! “Rest your sphincters!”…..

I completely cop to thinking that the Canes were not nearly as good as their record indicated, but yeah, best to always remember: this too shall pass (both good times and bad)
I still think they're not quite as good as their record, but so what? They measure by points accumulated and the points say they're the second best team in the league right now. Who am I to argue or to pick nits on how they got there?

Checking the skills competition participants list for tonight...Svech is participating in....fastest skater?

Just don't get hurt Svech.

Svech with the fastest time and is headed to the finals later tonight. Dylan Larkin mailed it in tonight and Cale Makar wiped out.

Last edited:
Sid and Ovi have been the "faces of the NHL for over two decades"? Almost two decades would be the right word, PK... they've only been in the league for 18 years.

EDIT: Watching "Gr8test" while waiting for the ASG to start and they said it again. Maybe it's splitting hairs, but come on...

Last edited:
Canes are gonna get a lot of media mileage out of their third or fourth fastest guy winning the fastest skater event at the ASG. Lol.

Svetch has been invisible so far... although I think I saw him there on the ice for Larkin's goal.

Hey... there he is on a breakaway... no goal, though.

Another ASG hat trick for Gaudreau.

I think Svetch is at least -3 in this game... oh, wait, -4.

Last edited:
Back