• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2022-23 Canes Misc. Thread

I’m hoping Freddie stays. I’d like to see (for the right price), Duchene sign on with the Canes. He’d be a great #2 center and really give the team even more depth.
Duchene is only 1 year removed from a 43 goal season. For the right price? Hell yeah.

Happy Signing Day! Happy Canada Day too! I’ll leave this with you guys to set the mood! I respect Friedman a ton with his intel and reporting over most.

Attachments

• IMG_1126.jpeg
    IMG_1126.jpeg
    616 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Duchene is only 1 year removed from a 43 goal season. For the right price? Hell yeah.
The problem with Duchene (other than the thing about whether or not he'll show up ready to actually play season to season) is that if he's not your first team center, he's a waste of space. And he's really limited as a first line center. You could MAYBE get away with a 1A/1B scenario with Aho ... maybe. For the money he's going to cost, I'm not a huge fan of maybe.

Oh, and signing his as UFA would seriously eff with negotiations with Aho on that extension. Just sayin'

Teddy Blueger and Ian Cole to the Canucks.

Connor Clifton to the Slugs, 3 years/$10 million

So if the Canes are really in on Erik Karlsson still after that Orlov signing, that would mean both Pesce and Skjei would likely be dealt. That would be a massive rebuild of what was a top 3 D in the NHL.

So if the Canes are really in on Erik Karlsson still after that Orlov signing, that would mean both Pesce and Skjei would likely be dealt. That would be a massive rebuild of what was a top 3 D in the NHL.
Does that pull the plug on the TDA deal? I would think so… 🤔

If that TDA trade still happens and we trade for Karlsson, suddenly our D would be:

Slavin-Burns
Karlsson-Orlov
TDA-Chatfield

That is not a top defensive D anymore for sure but would be crazy good generating offense. Too much of a shift in approach.

Back