• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 Canes Misc Thread

Hope Freddy can battle through the issue and be healthy at some point. Sadly, NHL starters do not grow on trees so it might be Koochie or bust to show that he is ready to make a difference. Halak seems well past his shelf life.

I feel so sorry for Freddie, but also for the Canes and their never-ending goalie instability. I sure hope Freddie will be OK.

New lines at practice today….well, 3 of them anyway.

Noesen - Aho - Jarvis
Svechnikov - Kotkaniemi - Teravainen (Lemieux)
Bunting - Drury - Necas
Martinook - Staal - Fast

Per Walt Ruff, Halak found out Saturday he was coming to Raleigh. So they kept this under wraps for a while. He’s been living in the Boston area, so they didn’t have to drag him back from Slovakia.

Interesting ... and weird. The team will just have to be patient and see how it plays out. Obviously, Freddie's health is the primary concern. The team will figure it out.
What they didn’t say is if it’s clotting too much or not enough, but I’m guessing the former. Remember that Steven Stamkos had a clot surgically removed in 2016. Different sport, but Yankees pitcher David Cone had one in his right (pitching) arm. If he had any loss of feeling or a cold sensation in his extremities, that could have prompted the testing.

Yeah, ND QB Sam Hartman had a clotting issue when he was still at Wake Forest that was cleared up without surgery in a matter of 3-4 weeks. It's certainly not all that unusual for an active athlete to overcome this kind of thing, but still ... all different situations with different treatments and outcomes.

The former Hurricanes email marketing person died of a blood clot four or five years ago. I know this because I used to work with Blair at another job. Blood clots are no joke, man. Best of luck to ye, Freddie.

Damn. Andy, your first sentence above was the first thing I thought of.

Get well, Fred.

No benefit to be realized by putting Freddie on LTIR, Canes have plenty of cap space. No reason to lock Freddie into the LTIR mandatory absence in this case.

Changing the subject: I'm having to reenter my email address and PW each time I open Account Manager in the Canes app. Is this happening to everyone?

Changing the subject: I'm having to reenter my email address and PW each time I open Account Manager in the Canes app. Is this happening to everyone?
It's happening far more frequently than in the past for me ... although maybe not every single time I'm in account manager.

Not for me. But it is wonky, I’ve been logged out of Account Manager and when I log back in, my tickets are gone. I logged out and back in and they were there.

Not for me. But it is wonky, I’ve been logged out of Account Manager and when I log back in, my tickets are gone. I logged out and back in and they were there.
That happened to me a couple of times as well. The new app, it sucks.

Back