• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 Canes Misc Thread

Pesce had surgery yesterday to repair the lower body injury. He’s expected to miss 2-4 weeks.

Certainly a lot better than the gloom and doom from RBA earlier.

Pesce had surgery yesterday to repair the lower body injury. He’s expected to miss 2-4 weeks.

Certainly a lot better than the gloom and doom from RBA earlier.
A vasectomy is a lower body injury with surgery 😄…did anyone see a hit or a play that indicated what he may have hurt to get an idea on what the injury actually was?

A vasectomy is a lower body injury with surgery 😄…did anyone see a hit or a play that indicated what he may have hurt to get an idea on what the injury actually was?
Point on the doll where the evil hockey player touched you.

HURRICANES STEAL! STAAL GETS IT UP THE MIDDLE TO WILLIAMS WHO’S WALKING IN ON AN OPEN NET AND HE WON THE STANLEY CUP!!!
You know, technically, Franticek Kaberle scored the Cup winning goal for the Hurricanes. I love ChuckandtheletterK's call, but Justin Williams really just finalized the game. Justin Williams obviously belongs in the Hurricanes HOF though. We're lucky he came here to play.

Jim

You know, technically, Franticek Kaberle scored the Cup winning goal for the Hurricanes. I love ChuckandtheletterK's call, but Justin Williams really just finalized the game. Justin Williams obviously belongs in the Hurricanes HOF though. We're lucky he came here to play.

Jim
Correct on all counts. A very deserving inclusion for all sorts of reasons.

Jim
Actually, Craig Adams scored the Cup winning goal, but Bill MacCreary f’d up the call from center ice.

In a 7 month period, between June 21, 2003 and January 20, 2004, Jim Rutherford parlayed David Tanabe and Igor Knyazev into Justin Williams, with 44 games of Danny Markov thrown in for good measure. Markov only played 34 games for the Flyers, Snuggles played 66 games over 2 seasons for the Coyotes and Iggy played 140 games in the AHL..

Actually, Craig Adams scored the Cup winning goal, but Bill MacCreary f’d up the call from center ice.

In a 7 month period, between June 21, 2003 and January 20, 2004, Jim Rutherford parlayed David Tanabe and Igor Knyazev into Justin Williams, with 44 games of Danny Markov thrown in for good measure. Markov only played 34 games for the Flyers, Snuggles played 66 games over 2 seasons for the Coyotes and Iggy played 140 games in the AHL..

Igor Knyazev Played for a month or so for the Fayetteville CHL team when I worked for them. He was awful, even in that crappy league. I couldn’t believe he was a 1st rd pick. Plus he was an asshole.

Collin Madewell tweeted that Raleigh Magazine is reporting that Tom Dundon is buying Backyard Bistro with plans to open a sports book before the NHL Playoffs. He’d take ownership on January 1 and hopes to get the renovations complete before the playoffs start.

Howerver…Raleigh Magazine doesn’t have that on their Twitter feed, nor can I find it on their website. So take that as you will.

Collin Madewell says the article from Raleigh Magazinen about Backyard Bistro on their Instagram page. And so it is.

No changes to the lines or pairings at practice today, before they jump on a plane to Philly. Lemieux and Gleason formed a 4th defense pair.

As mentioned in the Canes thread, the Canes had a really really good night 'at the dot' last night against the Flyers.

With Aho's injury and all 4 of our 'Centers' being lefties, this has led to some guys like Turbo and Jarvis taking more faceoffs than they have in the past. The funny thing is, both of them have been excellent when called upon.

Here are the Canes faceoff numbers through the first 10 games:

Jarvis 29/51 56.9%
Staal 115/205 56.1%
Teravainen 38/71 53.5%
Drury 29/57 50.9%
Aho 31/63 49.2%
KK 56/118 47.5%
Necas 15/37 40.5%
Noesen 6/16 37.5%

Jarvis has already taken more faceoffs this season as he did in his first 2 full seasons combined. He was 20/51 before this season (39.2%)

Turbo has already taken more faceoffs this season than he has in any other full season with the Canes except for his 1st, when he was an uninspiring 193/413 (46.7%). The thing is with TT, he has been kind of exceptional at faceoffs recently in a very limited role coming into this season. The prior 3 seasons to this one, combined, TT went 70/117 (59.8%) at faceoffs.

Jordan Staal so far is right around his career Avg Faceoff Win%

Aho is just getting back to taking faceoffs, I expect him to be better than he has been.

KK has been 51%ish for the Canes prior to this season so he is off to a slow start.

Necas just isn't good at faceoffs, never has been.

Noesen wasn't horrible last season (49.1% in 108 faceoffs).

Bottom line, Jarvis is making up for us lacking a Right handed Center to take faceoffs, at least so far. 15 of those Jarvis faceoffs are when we are short handed (he is 8/15 on those).

Back