• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 Canes Misc Thread

Canes might not have to worry about Rempe tomorrow. He picked up yet another game misconduct, this for an elbowing major on Siegenthaler. At some point, he’s gonna get called to the principal’s office.

Devils aren’t holding up their end of the bargain, down 2-0 after 2. But the Devils will have 4:30 on the PP to start the 3rd.

Canes might not have to worry about Rempe tomorrow. He picked up yet another game misconduct, this for an elbowing major on Siegenthaler. At some point, he’s gonna get called to the principal’s office.

Devils aren’t holding up their end of the bargain, down 2-0 after 2. But the Devils will have 4:30 on the PP to start the 3rd.
with that clear elbow to the head I’d be shocked if the lame protection folks don’t sit him a couple of games. Textbook chicken wing to the jaw.

That’s just ridiculous. Does someone need to get killed before they stop that kind of bullcrap?

Stupid play. Wasting a suspension on a non playoff team. Very stupid with the canes coming up to night and Aho and Svetch and maybe even Freddie available for ’the elbow’.
lavi should know better.

The PuckPedia Twitter account says that the Canes are closing in on an extension for Spencer Martin. Is the team going to carry 3 goalies next year, Andersen and Kochetkov are already under contract. Or are the going to roll the dice and try to sneak him down to the AHL team du jour? And, although it will be low cost, aren’t there other priorities? Or is GMDW plucking the low hanging fruit first?

Spencer Martin is the perfect #3 goalie. Yes he will have to clear waivers and we might lose him that way next season.

As stands right now we don't have a #3 goalie for next season and if we are planning to go Freddie+ Kochetkov as the 1A and 1B, we better have a #3 we can trust signed to an NHL contract.

I don't see this as an indication we will keep 3 goalies on the roster. I see this as us prepping for next season and trying to lock down our preferred #3 candidate. Many teams have a Spencer Martin type as their #3. Of you lose him via waivers you grab someone else's equivalent off of waivers. But having Martin signed for next year protects us if Freddie or PK get hurt before the start of next season. At least we got another NHL capable goalie already under contract before the season starts.

Spencer Martin is the perfect #3 goalie. Yes he will have to clear waivers and we might lose him that way next season.

As stands right now we don't have a #3 goalie for next season and if we are planning to go Freddie+ Kochetkov as the 1A and 1B, we better have a #3 we can trust signed to an NHL contract.

I don't see this as an indication we will keep 3 goalies on the roster. I see this as us prepping for next season and trying to lock down our preferred #3 candidate. Many teams have a Spencer Martin type as their #3. Of you lose him via waivers you grab someone else's equivalent off of waivers. But having Martin signed for next year protects us if Freddie or PK get hurt before the start of next season. At least we got another NHL capable goalie already under contract before the season starts.
Yeah several teams have been going the three goalie route with a very capable number three in the pipeline with NHL experience that can be relied upon when injuries strike. I know teams like the Leafs with Martin Jones and the Panthers with Anthony Stolarz have had great luck this year with number three guys signed. I like the move!

Well, having three pretty good goalies is a LOT cheaper than having one really good one ... and you aren't twisting in the wind if and when that one guy gets hurt or goes on mental walkabout. That was the real lesson to learn from Vegas' cup win.

Canes are practicing today. No changes to the lines or pairings, so the new 2nd line can get used to each other a bit. Andersen is in the starter's crease.

Ownership appears to be looking at rebranding the logo, uniforms and team marks. Got a very specific survey in the email today. Gotta say, most of the concept logo art was atrocious.

Uh-oh. For all of its flaws, the current hockey puck/hurricane logo has yet to be bettered by any other concept. And yes, I am including the hurricane flags on the hockey stick concept; I hate it so much.

Ugh... kill that, kill it with fire, JB

Edit: Ah, I just got a survey along those same lines thru Caniac Connect... <loading the unending supply of arrows into my quiver like Legolas>

Last edited:
Oh ... also, one of the questions was about introducing another color and one of the options was .... not kidding ... CREAM. Did they hire guys from baseball or something? Knock it off.

Ownership appears to be looking at rebranding the logo, uniforms and team marks. Got a very specific survey in the email today. Gotta say, most of the concept logo art was atrocious.
Someone posted them on Twitter and they are not good. And they moved the red to the left for some terrible reason?

Jersey/merch sales must be missing targets..... don't know how though with the ridiculous lines to get into the Eye on gameday.

Back