• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 Canes Misc Thread

Please direct Kuznetsov talk to the dedicated thread ... thanx. No new ground covered here, so I'll leave these posts where they are

I'm sure the Canes forwards are wondering how this is going to all shake out and which regular will be out of the lineup? It's possible the Canes make another deal today that would help clarify that situation, but if not:

Guentzel-Aho-Svech
Turbo-Kuznetsov-Necas
Martinook-Staal-Jarvis
Noesen-Drury-KK

Fast out of the lineup, however, that could be KK (or Kuznetsov).

I'm sure the Canes forwards are wondering how this is going to all shake out and which regular will be out of the lineup? It's possible the Canes make another deal today that would help clarify that situation, but if not:

Guentzel-Aho-Svech
Turbo-Kuznetsov-Necas
Martinook-Staal-Jarvis
Noesen-Drury-KK

Fast out of the lineup, however, that could be KK (or Kuznetsov).
I really doubt Kuznetzov will jump in that high up the pecking order. I think if everything goes well then he's probably in that slot come playoff time, but with Brind'Amour being Brind'Amour he's gonna have to earn it.

I really doubt Kuznetzov will jump in that high up the pecking order. I think if everything goes well then he's probably in that slot come playoff time, but with Brind'Amour being Brind'Amour he's gonna have to earn it.
Which is why it might work out. I’d imagine there will be clearly defined explanations. And fair.

My son pointed out that Kuznetzov has often struggled when there's not much to play for. Maybe, just maybe, plugging him in to a team in the thick of it will give him a jolt. I'm not setting the bar high, personally. If we get 4th line center duty out of him and he does more than KK has been doing on the 2nd PP unit, then that's all I'm honestly expecting.

Seth Jarvis was on Jackie Redmond’s YouTube show yesterday. it starts at about 21 minutes and runs for about 17 minutes. It's a good interview, occasionally hilarious. If you’ve tailgated at the back of the East lot, you’re treated to a parade of players zooming down the road, mostly honking. The beat up VW Tiguan? That’s Jarvy. It took him 5 tries to pass his drivers test.

View: https://youtu.be/c2EDVI_ZjNk?si=Q5d7z8Bjt95I2dIB

Yesterday’s ass kicking of Pachal paid off. The Canes signed Brendan Lemieux to a 1 year extension at the NHL minimum, $775k.

Yesterday’s ass kicking of Pachal paid off. The Canes signed Brendan Lemieux to a 1 year extension at the NHL minimum, $775k.
Interesting. At one point Lemieux was making some noise about being unhappy with his lack of usage, but apparently his agent either talked him into sucking it up or failed to find any other interested parties. More likely the latter. He's played his role well. He skates hard and doesn't let his line down when he gets a game and has kept up the physical element without being dumb.

There are a lot of 13th forwards available, but to be fair to Lemieux, he keeps his mouth shut, plays when told, drops the gloves when needed, and hasn't embarrassed himself. It's fine with me.
Watching Papa Lemieux enjoying the owners box refreshments with Dundon Thursday was fun! Waivers Thursday, clears waivers Friday, pummels a guy Sunday and a one year extension Monday! Not a bad topsy turvy week!

Back