• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 Canes Misc Thread

Jersey/merch sales must be missing targets.
Nah. I think we're actually due for a re-brand. Everything since Dundon showed up has been very ad hoc and disjointed. It's time to pick a look and stick with it. Sadly for him, since he seems to want something fresh, the only decent option I've seen is the original. For all its flaws, they still can't touch that original logo. It's distinctive, the color pops and it scales up and down in size really well.

Middle left .... that's the one that made my teeth hurt. Although the top right sucks too.

Last edited:
To echo your earlier point, all of the script logos look like something the Mudcats would wear.

They all suck.
Yup. They're all perfectly fine as the text mark, which basically never shows up on a jersey, or some sort of third logo ... but they scream minor league baseball. And I'm concerned that marketing people wouldn't see that. Especially in a minor league market that has seen a team basically wear that same script logo on a jersey in recent memory. You people are aware that the Mudcats still exist. Right? Right?????

Yup. They're all perfectly fine as the text mark, which basically never shows up on a jersey, or some sort of third logo ... but they scream minor league baseball. And I'm concerned that marketing people wouldn't see that. Especially in a minor league market that has seen a team basically wear that same script logo on a jersey in recent memory. You people are aware that the Mudcats still exist. Right? Right?????
I present the Mudcats Friday night “blackout” jersey from 2022.

Rees to Ottawa for a 6th
IMO, he was the guy that was hurt the most by not having an AHL affiliate. He had a decent season in Chicago last year but this year has been a bust, no goals in 30 games with Springfield and none in 7 games with Charlotte.

IMO, he was the guy that was hurt the most by not having an AHL affiliate. He had a decent season in Chicago last year but this year has been a bust, no goals in 30 games with Springfield and none in 7 games with Charlotte.
Probably, yeah. I think the Canes just lost faith that the offense would translate ... and then he had a crap half a season in Springfield, which obviously didn't help.

I like the black jerseys much more than the red ones but unless they come up with better branding than the eye, the should just have that logo on black background.

I like the black jerseys much more than the red ones but unless they come up with better branding than the eye, the should just have that logo on black background.
Yeah ... we've never seen the traditional logo on a black shirt and I think that could be the way to go for the home No. 1. But, again, I think the owner wants a fresh start so I doubt that's where we end up. They seem to be pushing a single letter concept at home with script on the road, and what a team starts off pushing is normally where they end up.

Elliott Friedman commented over the weekend that Brindy contract discussions are where they were 3 years ago, with Brindy wanting his assistants taken care of first.

Didn't sound like anything ominous but it is still annoying to me that we play out RBA's contracts this way. We are fortunate that RBA doesn't prioritize HIS pay in these contract discussions because a team like Toronto would offer him a lot of money to be their head coach if he was willing to entertain it.

Last edited:
Back