• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2023-24 NHL Misc. Thread

Again. Who exactly is offended? Or even upset? I'm calmly and rationally raising an objection. You disagree, which is fine however I do reject the idea that I'm pre-judging anyone. I 100% am judging the people and processes that have allowed this issue to drag on for YEARS, however.

Comments like Insulting, deplorable, flat out insult. Seem to imply someone should be offended or is offended.

My point is it’s a bit picky objection and I’d imagine if these kids didn’t actually rape the girl then they’d have grounds for mental health leave. Heck, even if they did.

With respect to the charges that were laid out by London Police and the sensitivity of the allege acts...I think all parties involved from the players side of things including their attorneys, agents and teams involved should have just left at it "taking an indefinite leave/absence from the team" and left it at that. Is that not just common sense and decency?

What kind of stupid is that? The nhl should sit him for the remainder of the season.
In the 3rd period of a game they were leading by 2 goals. The Isles scored twice on the 5 minute PP to tie it but the Habs got a late goal to win it.

In the 3rd period of a game they were leading by 2 goals. The Isles scored twice on the 5 minute PP to tie it but the Habs got a late goal to win it.
Yeah, that's billboard level stupid from Gallagher. And he managed to hit the button on a guy with a serious concussion history, which makes it even worse.

Comments like Insulting, deplorable, flat out insult. Seem to imply someone should be offended or is offended.

My point is it’s a bit picky objection and I’d imagine if these kids didn’t actually rape the girl then they’d have grounds for mental health leave. Heck, even if they did.
My comment was pretty straight forward -- IF this is in relation to 8 guys raping a young woman and a team is trying to save face by saying "mental health" that is in fact deplorable. If you're ok with it that's fine, but actual mental health issues and the related stigma are a nightmare in this country. As one with a family member in this subset of Americans I'm tired of everything be labeled "mental health" instead of "crappy human"

IF this is unrelated to Hockey Canada and dude just has things going on then fine. I'm not judging anyone yet until we know what's happening in a few weeks.

edited to add "Heck, even if they did." -- No, if you're a rapist you don't then get to cry victim.

Sounds like people think this is what Necas should get.. I'm not sold on that until he can be this guy consistently
The tricky thing with Necas is that he's at the end of the RFA string and will have arbitration rights this summer. You can go ahead and count on an arbitrator seeing the flashy stuff and projecting the upper side of his value because that's what they always do ... when given the chance. If the Canes are committed to keeping him, I'm thinking they'll be lucky to get out with anything less than that Tippett deal. Long term, $5.5-6.5 million AAV ... the question as always being, is he worth it?

Gallagher has a hearing with Player Safety today. It doesn’t say that it’s in person, so if it’s only by phone, that’s 5 games maximum.

Gallagher got 5 games. If Parros wasn’t in over his head, he’d have had an in person hearing and have gotten the suspension he deserved.

Gallagher got 5 games. If Parros wasn’t in over his head, he’d have had an in person hearing and have gotten the suspension he deserved.
Parros is following instructions. Dude is an empty suit, which is exactly what the NHL wants in DPS

Refs didn't even blink, announcers didn't even notice ... Trouba's getting sneaky in his old age

Back