• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2024 NHL Playoffs Thread

I mentioned on a previous post , why didnt the Leafs go 8x8.8 for Marner ?

So maybe locking up your stars cost an extra 6 mil , so what ....they all got locked up

Its what you do with the other 30-40 mil , draft and asset management that dictates your success .

Cmon the JT contract ( not the player ) fucked them up royally not taxes .

At what point does management say, " fuck its failure after failure when it matters maybe move a player before his NMC kicks in " .

Regimes are too fucken scared to change unless your a ruthless Majuri and get ahead of the game

They are good at kicking the fucken can down the road , nothing more .
Sure the Leafs fucked up, and we love them for that, but don't tell me that TB didn't get a bargain with Kucherov, especially given that he was almost an UFA? They got a bargain with pretty much all their stars. Players love playing in Florida and will take less to stay there, it's just a fact. Taxes sure, but also hard to beat beach life plus anonymity. If I left Canada because of taxes and weather, you can bet your ass that players are doing the same thing.

Sure the Leafs fucked up, and we love them for that, but don't tell me that TB didn't get a bargain with Kucherov, especially given that he was almost an UFA? They got a bargain with pretty much all their stars. Players love playing in Florida and will take less to stay there, it's just a fact. Taxes sure, but also hard to beat beach life plus anonymity. If I left Canada because of taxes and weather, you can bet your ass that players are doing the same thing.
Agreed but you cant have every star running to these havens in a hard cap

Like I said TB saved what 1 mil each for their 4 stars , but Chevy/Cirelli doubt were getting more anywhere else

Yes , its a bonus but it wont prevent you from being a contending team

I cant control weather or beach life for a few teams

Now lets see if Florida can get Reinhart signed or tell him to pound salt and pivot elsewhere

That’s the thing players don’t exactly take less - the tax situation in Fla + IRS / state loopholes make it equivalent to the overpayment that higher taxes locales have to provide.

Vasilevsky’s AAV was less than Price but his take home is more, same w Bob on the other side of the state

Last edited:
That was a nicely worked goal. Great outlet pass by the Fla D to set up the 3 on 2. But one of the Oilers Fs needed to hang back, they can’t all get so deep.

All I can say is Nurse somehow makes $9.2 million.
Skinner couldn't make the early save and Nurse played like Nurse instead of the guy who had a couple of good games last series. Oilers needed the special play from Nurse and Skinner we saw late in the Dallas series for two more weeks. Tonight was not a good sign they will get it.

Bouchard suddenly decided tonight he would pass off to shooters with low opportunity chances instead of shooting himself. The forwards outside of the big boys were invisible. I thought the announcers were kind in saying it was a good game from Edmonton. I thought it was pretty lousy.

Back