• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

24-25 Habs Preseason

The most probable solution? They'll play 7 D. Probably even on the opening night.

I don't think either Barré-Boulet or Kapanen has done anything to definitively lock up the 12th forward spot.

The most probable solution? They'll play 7 D. Probably even on the opening night.

I don't think either Barré-Boulet or Kapanen has done anything to definitively lock up the 12th forward spot.
I think someone brought up the idea of playing Arber up front. Not the worst idea.

We need someone who can play.

We already have Pizza Mullet

I don't like the idea.

I want him to figure it out as a d-man, not just burn calories while being tough as a forward. If they really wanted to do that, they should have tried him in pre-season.
Me too but I’d rather have him in the lineup and right now he’s our 7th D.

Me too but I’d rather have him in the lineup and right now he’s our 7th D.
I'm still not sure how Hutson's going to look 5 on 5. He'll be more than fine on the PP, but once he's up against sustained forecheck and a sustainable cycle game... If we're in the third and the game's tied or we're up, I don't know if we'll be seeing Hutson on the ice.

Anyway, if we're not playing 7 D and we really want Xhekaj in the lineup, put Struble on the right.

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Struble

I'm still not sure how Hutson's going to look 5 on 5. He'll be more than fine on the PP, but once he's up against sustained forecheck and a sustainable cycle game... If we're in the third and the game's tied or we're up, I don't know if we'll be seeing Hutson on the ice.

Anyway, if we're not playing 7 D and we really want Xhekaj in the lineup, put Struble on the right.

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Struble
Hutson will have gap control issues and will need to be insulated defensively

His high IQ and production will need to outweigh his miscues

He will never be Hughes , more than happy as the next Spurgeon

Struble's only playing the right side if we insist on having Xhekaj in the line-up and we don't want to play 7 D.

Logically, though, yeah, Xhekaj would be sitting as our #7 and Struble-Barron play the third pair.

Back