• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Leafs odds are now at 20 percent... Devils are 21. Odd how that is figured out

Leafs odds are now at 20 percent... Devils are 21. Odd how that is figured out

It's because the Devils hold a tie breaker on all the teams battling for the last two spots but Columbus and have NYI, Florida, Buffalo in their next 3 games (and two games in hand over the Leafs).

toast.jpg

Yep, even if it's a 3 pointer 'cause it's going to be real close between as many as 5 teams for those last 2 spots

Raptors clinched a playoff spot tonight, so there will be playoffs of some sort in Toronto this spring.

I did my work tonight for all of you. You're welcome. The fans around me were on Dion's case all night. There were some good Rob Ford references too. Loafs weren't terrible but Kessel, Lupul and Kadri were MIA all night.

I did my work tonight for all of you. You're welcome. The fans around me were on Dion's case all night. There were some good Rob Ford references too. Loafs weren't terrible but Kessel, Lupul and Kadri were MIA all night.
I don't recall your posts ever in this state of giddiness.....

East is older than I am. Holding Detroit up as a team never to get bad is just wrong.

Yes,they were awful through the mid-sixties to the mid-eighties, and god-awful, often worse than expanson teams. But that's not the argument-I'm talking about how good they have been since. If anything, that makes the turnaround even more impressive.

It's because the Devils hold a tie breaker on all the teams battling for the last two spots but Columbus and have NYI, Florida, Buffalo in their next 3 games (and two games in hand over the Leafs).

If you actually look at SportsClubStats (where I know everyone grabs these odds from), it's actually because they have the Leafs team "strength" as low. It accounts for GF/GA, maybe regulation wins and stuff too, so they have the Devils as a better team than the Leafs (Devils .500, Leafs .460). If you click on the "50/50" at the top left, the Leafs jump back ahead of the Devils 21-12. The weighted will account a little for strength of schedule as well.

Yes,they were awful through the mid-sixties to the mid-eighties, and god-awful, often worse than expanson teams. But that's not the argument-I'm talking about how good they have been since. If anything, that makes the turnaround even more impressive.
They're turnaround was because they had the best owner in pro-sports, and Devellano did not act as a know it all idiot the way Serge "I'm the smartest hockey mind on the planet" Savard, and Carol "the idiot" Vadnais did in refusing to follow suit with a McKinsey report to the NHL the Berlin Wall was about to collapse and Euro invasion would take form. Bringing aboard Scotty, along w a 10-yr vet in Yzerman + the Soviet & Swedish invasion turned them from has been to super-power overnight.

Also didn't hurt throughout the 90's, Illitch didn't care how much he needed to spend to win.

Back