• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Burke`s one fault is he should of did a total rebuild when he took over the Leafs. In the end he patched as most GM`s do , it was a 5 year redo before they got any taste of success regardless of what direction he took . The Leafs could of had 3-5 of among the best young studs in hockey right now if they played thier cards right . And these could of been your foundation .

But his trades were A+ , getting Lupul, Dion, Gardiner, JVR and Bernier for next to zilch is the only reason why the Leafs are any good right now .

At least he had the nuts to take a chance without giving up the moon with the exception of Kessel .

His free agent moves + goaltending were his faults, IMO.

Bernier was Nonis though for what it's worth.

Roy's second best.

Hasek is the unquestioned best goalie ever.

Six Vezinas, two Harts and two Lester B Pearsons in an eight year span from 1994 to 2001? Basically during Roy's Prime, Hasek was a better goalie than him in at least six of those seasons.

The only thing Roy has on Hasek (and every other player in hockey history) are his 3 Conn Smythes. And while I weight those heavily, they're nigh-impossible to get unless you're on a good team. Only exception being Jean-Sebastien Giguère in 2003. To this day, that was the greatest goaltending performance I have ever seen.

He did not cheat on his wife for her sister.

He cheated on his wife... with her brother's wife.

Still a scumbag... but lets not give him the sister credit

calling a hockey player a scumbag for his hockey skills or iq is one thing, but calling a person a scumbag for cheating and not knowing the facts is being a "scumbag" yourself to a lessor degree. There are many reasons why men/women cheat and there are always two sides to the story, people shouldn't judge other peoples "personal" lives on hearsay.. just saying

Roy's second best.

Six Vezinas, two Harts and two Lester B Pearsons in an eight year span?

The only thing Roy has on Hasek (and every other player in hockey history) are his 3 Conn Smythes.

it is a great debate, I agree Roy played under a bigger eye in montreal than Hasek ever did, but when you look at year by year , Hasek was more consistent than Roy, both were big money goalies though..

I wouldn't have. We would have been swept and lost every game by blowout.

He's arguably the worst starting goalie in the league this year.

If he plays 20 games instead of 39, there's a good chance the Devils are in second place in their division. He literally sank that team with his shitty play.

Marty does special things in the playoffs.

Roy's second best.

Six Vezinas, two Harts and two Lester B Pearsons in an eight year span from 1994 to 2001? Basically during Roy's Prime, Hasek was a better goalie than him in at least six of those seasons.

The only thing Roy has on Hasek (and every other player in hockey history) are his 3 Conn Smythes. And while I weight those heavily, they're nigh-impossible to get unless you're on a good team. Only exception being Jean-Sebastien Giguère in 2003. To this day, that was the greatest goaltending performance I have ever seen.

the 3 conn smythe trophies imo tip the scale to Roy being the greatest, all of hasek hardware are won for "regular" season play, when it came down to it, Roy carried a team to win 3 cups (conn smythe years) in the playoffs, something that hasek never did..

calling a hockey player a scumbag for his hockey skills or iq is one thing, but calling a person a scumbag for cheating and not knowing the facts is being a "scumbag" yourself to a lessor degree. There are many reasons why men/women cheat and there are always two sides to the story, people shouldn't judge other peoples "personal" lives on hearsay.. just saying

Oh boy.

I'd love to hear the "two sides" to sleeping with your sister-in-law while married. Pretty absurd.

Tough call......because we can't truly judge how great Plante was compared to these guys.

I always placed Plante over Roy/Hasek, but I never got to see him in his prime....and people like to throw the argument that he played behind a great team (like Dryden).

Hasek was unbelievably great in the regular season....while Roy seemed to be average in the regular season. Then things flipped in the playoffs, where Roy was just legendary.

To me, Stanley Cups and Conn Smythes are the ''end of discussion'' arguments that tip the scale....Roy has more Conn Smythes than Gretzky, Lemieux....and as many Cups than Gretzky, and 2 more than Lemieux.....arguably the 2 best hockey players since Bobby Orr....that says a lot

The missus slept with her brother-in-law?

Not sure that'd make him any less of a scumbag, to be honest. It'd just make her one too.

And let's face it, what are internet forums for other than to judge people we don't know? :D

the 3 conn smythe trophies imo tip the scale to Roy being the greatest, all of hasek hardware are won for "regular" season play, when it came down to it, Roy carried a team to win 3 cups (conn smythe years) in the playoffs, something that hasek never did..

Roy had the luxury of playing nearly his whole career on good to great teams. Hasek didn't until the end of his career when his skills had diminished.

Tough call......because we can't truly judge how great Plante was compared to these guys.

I always placed Plante over Roy/Hasek, but I never got to see him in his prime....and people like to throw the argument that he played behind a great team (like Dryden).

Hasek was unbelievably great in the regular season....while Roy seemed to be average in the regular season. Then things flipped in the playoffs, where Roy was just legendary.

To me, Stanley Cups and Conn Smythes are the ''end of discussion'' arguments that tip the scale....Roy has more Conn Smythes than Gretzky, Lemieux....and as many Cups than Gretzky, and 2 more than Lemieux.....arguably the 2 best hockey players since Bobby Orr....that says a lot

It would be, if this were tennis or golf. Your argument would also say that because Ruslan Fedotenko has two more Cups than Dionne...

Hockey's a team sport and some players are just very fortunate to be on the right teams at the right time. Just like Roy was very fortunate to be traded right before the Habs dropoff to hell in the late 90's.

One could argue the Habs drop off was because Roy was traded.

It was definitely the first step towards it, but a series of awful trades and awful drafts pretty much did it in.

He did not cheat on his wife for her sister.

He cheated on his wife... with her brother's wife.

Still a scumbag... but lets not give him the sister credit

He married her and he's still with her though. Sometimes love strikes at the most unexpected places. He'd be a bigger scumbag if he had just cheated with her but obviously there was more to it.

Roy's second best.

No consideration for Sawchuk?

Oh boy.

I'd love to hear the "two sides" to sleeping with your sister-in-law while married. Pretty absurd.

I am 55 years old, I have seen many friends who have divorced for all kinds of reasons, nothing surprises me, so who am I to judge the reasons why.

Back