• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Why should I care if Marty is a scumbag? He was a great goalie. That's all that I, as a non-family member or friend of his or the people involved in the wife-swap, need to be concerned with as a hockey fan. And it's not like he killed someone, like OJ.

Totally agree.

Just clarify what started the whole scumbag thing,

B]Third part of it, he cheated on his wife for her sister. That's a scumbag move. (But really, it's 99% of part 1 & 2)[/B]

I don't really care that much that he's a scumbag, but it's one of those things I can point to. Count's taught me a lot here on how to attack certain pro athletes. ;)

The Lightning have signed pending RFA Ondrej Palat to a three-year, $10 million deal... $3.3 million AAV.

James Mirtle:
• Salary cap will exceed $70-million at that number... RT @ChrisBottaNHL: Source: NHL revenue approx $3.7 billion this season.
• NHL's cap could well rise $6-million+ both this summer and next, hitting $76-million by 2015-16. Floor would be about $20-mil less.

Harvey Fialkov: Panthers source tells Sun Sentinel that Dan Bylsma is interested and will meet with braintrust Tuesday or Wednesday.

Yeah, long rumored down here that Tallon was waiting to see what happened with Bylsma before hiring a coach. Won't surprise me in the least if they sign him quickly.

A final four with LA, Chicago, Montreal, and New York... along with one of those series being 7 games and the other 6 games, was huge for NHL revenue.

In fact, in the playoffs only 1 series was a sweep, and only one other was 5 games. All the long series is just more revenue.

With Bettman estimating the cap at 69 million before the playoffs started, 70 million+ is not hard to see given the way the Playoffs have broken down. They would have anticipated an average playoffs, but the teams that moved on were big market, big revenue clubs and lots of series went long. So the playoffs were better than average (And close to a best case scenario for the league).

If the Rangers can win a couple and force a long series here, it might hit 71.

Yeah, long rumored down here that Tallon was waiting to see what happened with Bylsma before hiring a coach. Won't surprise me in the least if they sign him quickly.

From the penthouse to the outhouse (at least in terms of hockey teams).

The Blackhawks signed Dennis Rasmussen to a one-year deal.

23-years-old, 6'3", 205-pound center out of Sweden. Had 40 points in 52 games last season with Vaxjo.

Oilers have hired Craig Ramsay as Assistant Coach in charge of D - outstanding move IMO.

The Blackhawks signed Dennis Rasmussen to a one-year deal.

23-years-old, 6'3", 205-pound center out of Sweden. Had 40 points in 52 games last season with Vaxjo.

Detroit didn't have the cap space ?

Craig Ramsay and Don Luce rivalled Doug Jarvis and Bob Gainey as the best penalty killing duo of the 1970s.

Back