• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

I had never thought at Carolina to be such a model organization that another org would try to emulate it by stealing all its executives.

Jason Karmanos was fired by the Hurricanes (and his father) in September.

Jason Karmanos was fired by the Hurricanes (and his father) in September.

Jim Rutherford was also fired. Doesn't change the idea. Pittsburgh is trying to recreate the Carolina Panthers organization. Go figure why.

Man, when your own father fires you, you must really suck.

The Oilers have called a press conference for tomorrow where it's expected Bob Nicholson will be named CEO.

Jim Rutherford was also fired. Doesn't change the idea. Pittsburgh is trying to recreate the Carolina Panthers organization. Go figure why.

Man, when your own father fires you, you must really suck.
Not really, just ask Ed Snider why he canned his son, some of these guys are type A+++ personalities, doesn't matter if it's kin, if they can't emulate the old man, they're goners.

I don't mind watching Pittsburgh fall face first with Rutherford and his cronies running it one bit.

Unless they tank and get McDavid, in which case they can go **** themselves.

Isn't it amazing how the Pens always seem to make these sort of big moves right near a draft where a generational talent is available?

So let's see 38 yr-old (39?) Timonen takes a 1-yr deal, yet Markov is reportedly unwilling....

So let's see 38 yr-old (39?) Timonen takes a 1-yr deal, yet Markov is reportedly unwilling....

Markov is three years younger and at 34-35 Timonen signed for four to five years I believe.

So it's not really a comparable situation

steve simmons ‏Gerard Gallant not necessarily Dan Bylsma is being favoured by sources as next coach of the Florida Panthers. Will be announced next week

I don't mind watching Pittsburgh fall face first with Rutherford and his cronies running it one bit.

Unless they tank and get McDavid, in which case they can go **** themselves.

If Pittsburgh, with the talent they have, tank and get McDavid, I would expect the other owners to go up in arms and do something about it.

**** the Rangers. Those cheating bastards lose

markov is a hell of a lot younger

so what , Markov should be on 1 year deals if he wants to stay a Hab

Trust me you think he is a turnstile now on some nights , lets see what he looks like in year 3 of a deal

He is a 4 on very good team right now , no longer a 22-25 minute horse , his workload needs to be reduced and not interested in paying 18 m over 3 for sentimental reasons

This sport is nuts , still paying front line money to declining assets knowing it only goes downhill from here.

Do the Lidstrom 1 year at a time Markov , we paid you good money in rehab .

Back