• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Those that are bashing Markov with these idiotic agendas are pretty stupid. More like dumb I'd say. Maybe hockey ignorant. No wait, retarded.

no bashing him at all 1-2 years max , 3-4 MB is the retard , he was already retarded yesterday with the signing of MT , so like u said we arent wining a cup in 4 years now

On TSN Reporters this morning they we're saying that if Kings buy out Richards, teams like Ducks and Hawks will be all over him to be their 2nd line center...

Bob McKenzie Lots of talk within NHL circles that COL has or will file "club-elected salary arbitration" on Ryan O'Reilly. If so, it will make waves.

Bob McKenzie ‏O'Reilly is set to become a restricted free agent. If COL wants to retain his rights, they must give him qualifying offer of $6.5M.

Bob McKenzie ‏Or they could negotiate a long-term deal. Or take him to club-elected arbitration. Latter is not unprecedented but it is highly unusual.

Bob McKenzie ‏If COL did or does file for club-elected arbritation, O'Reilly could choose a one- or two-year award. Arb hearing in late July.

Bob McKenzie ‏If arbitrator awarded O'Reilly less than the $6.5M he made this past season, the question is: how do you think O'Reilly would react to it?

I would be very, very interested in getting O'Reilly. If you get O'Reilly, you can trade Plekanec in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Bob McKenzie: COL has, in fact, elected club salary arbitration on Ryan O'Reilly. Had to be filed by 5 pm ET today. And it was.

This should be interesting.

So why would the avs and jets decide to do this? I'm not up to speed with rfa's and their and the teams rights.

Don't have to sell me on radar, I've always liked his game.

Colorado no longer has to make a one year qualifying offer to oreilly at his current salary. Instead the arbitrator determines the salary.

Also no one can do an offer sheet

So why would the avs and jets decide to do this? I'm not up to speed with rfa's and their and the teams rights.

Avs have a very rocky (Pun intended!) relationship with O'Reilly when it comes to contract talks.

I think they want to try going to arbitration so that they don't have to give O'Reilly his qualifying offer of $6.5M.

Colorado no longer has to make a one year qualifying offer to oreilly at his current salary. Instead the arbitrator determines the salary.

Also no one can do an offer sheet

(Yeah, what he said)

Bobby Mac says teams can still file an offer sheet.

Bob McKenzie: BTW, a team could still file an offer sheet on Ryan O'Reilly between July 1 and July 5. In old CBA, that wasn't possible but it was changed.

I would offer sheet him just to force a trade LOL

...after I sign PK :couch

Avs have a very rocky (Pun intended!) relationship with O'Reilly when it comes to contract talks.

I think they want to try going to arbitration so that they don't have to give O'Reilly his qualifying offer of $6.5M.

(Yeah, what he said)

Ok, thanks for the info.

I would offer sheet him just to force a trade LOL

...after I sign PK :couch

If you offer sheet him and the Avalanche matches, he can't be traded by that organization for a full calendar year.

The Stars are going to use a compliance buyout on Aaron Rome. Has one-year, $1.5 million remaining on his deal.

If you offer sheet him and the Avalanche matches, he can't be traded by that organization for a full calendar year.

That is why you let them know you will make an offer. If it is above what they wanna pay, it just might force them to trade him to you instead losing him for just picks

Back