• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Willie Desjardins is the frontrunner for the Penguins' head coaching job.

The Oilers have acquired the rights to Nikita Nikitin from the Blue Jackets.

Bob McKenzie: Clarification: EDM has window in which it's permissible to negotiate with CBJ pending UFA Nikita Nikitin, but no trade has yet been made.

Bill Peters is the new head coach of the Hurricanes.
Wasn't Tokarski the goalie on Peters' Memorial Cup winning team in Spokane? Wonder how much interest the Canes would have if they deal Ward as rumored?

Canes are going with Khudobin and Peters in net.

Nikitin is one of the better UFA D out there this year. Would be a good pickup for the Oil.

He'll be moved out or bought out me thinks. That is the point of this discussion sir.

Doesn't this belong in the Nostradamus thread. We do have one of those, don't we? If not, we need one started.

Bylsma has apparently priced himself out of a job - asking mucho $ to take on the Panthers gig per NHL radio.

So looks like Gallant is the heir apparent, hope Bergevin's got a good replacement in mind & not Jodoin - even though he's apparently a really solid X's & O's type guy.

Wonder if Marty Lapointe is a dark horse candidate?

Doesn't this belong in the Nostradamus thread. We do have one of those, don't we? If not, we need one started.

Naw, it's pretty much everywhere that Francis wants to move Ward out.

I'm still shocked the Jets aren't buying out Pavelec. They could easily be a playoff team if they bought him out and got someone like Hiller or hell, even James Reimer.

Yeah Reimer in Winnipeg makes too much sense. Home town kid would probably be a lot more comfortable back in Mennonite country.

Pierre LeBrun: Brad Richards has been bought out by the New York Rangers, source says.

If you could get him cheap I'd be interested but I doubt he comes cheap enough.

Yeah Reimer in Winnipeg makes too much sense. Home town kid would probably be a lot more comfortable back in Mennonite country.

Reimer has always been (and probably always will be) one of those it doesn't look pretty, but he gets the job done kind of goalies. And when his confidence isn't shot, he can be a real hot goalie.

He's criminally underrated and probably could be had out of Toronto for a mid-round pick. If I was Winnipeg or Pittsburgh, I'd want him over my current starter.

Back