• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Crazy....MB sleeping at the wheel...again.

Seriously, between you and me. Who knew Hartnell was on the block? If Hextall decided to only contact specific teams regarding Hartnell, how can the other team do anything about it?

I can't figure out why Philly would trade Hartnell for Umberger. They just got worse. Hartnell is the better player, Umberger is simply faster.

Good trade for Columbus.

Contracts? 5 years left for Hartnell vs 3 for Umberger.

Contracts? 5 years left for Hartnell vs 3 for Umberger.

Still, it's not like Philly couldn't afford Hartnell. They are saving 2 years but that's for shit for them until in 3 years. Unless their idea was to buyout Hartnell but buyout Umberger would cost less and lower impact on their cap (considering they already did they 2 amesty buyout).

Something to keep in mind, Hartnell's 32, with his style of play & wear & tear over the yrs, I assume Hextall's gambling there'll be a huge drop in performance as he approached 35.

Still, it's not like Philly couldn't afford Hartnell. They are saving 2 years but that's for shit for them until in 3 years. Unless their idea was to buyout Hartnell but buyout Umberger would cost less and lower impact on their cap (considering they already did they 2 amesty buyout).

I agree but that's the only thing I can think of. Maybe they were afraid of Hartnell's game declining faster than expected.

Something to keep in mind, Hartnell's 32, with his style of play & wear & tear over the yrs, I assume Hextall's gambling there'll be a huge drop in performance as he approached 35.

Haha, we're on the same page here.

Mirtle reporting that Hartnell requested a trade and that it may be due to personal reasons. I have visions of a rabbit in a pot on the stove.

Mirtle reporting that Hartnell requested a trade and that it may be due to personal reasons. I have visions of a rabbit in a pot on the stove.

whenever a player wants a trade for personal reasons, there is usually another woman involved ;)

or in Pavel Bure's case, another man as the rumour is Messier hit on him

:couch

Geoff Molson
Pat Burns to be inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame. A well-deserved honour for a great coach

Happy that Pat Burns ils inducted into the HHOF. Plus, he's my mother's cousin. And I have now two members of my family in the HOF, the other one is Rod Gilbert.

Happy that Pat Burns ils inducted into the HHOF. Plus, he's my mother's cousin. And I have now two members of my family in the HOF, the other one is Rod Gilbert.

I guess they got the better genes. :smilewinkgrin:

It's still baffling to me how it took this long to get Pat Burns in.

Mitch Melnick ‏Three members of the Hockey Hall of Fame selection committee (Pat Quinn, Jim Gregory & Serge Savard) replaced this yr & Pat Burns gets in... no way of knowing with all the secrecy involved but can't help but speculate.

It's a travesty that he didn't get in while he was still alive.

And then you had dopes like Michael Farber, who is on the HHOF commitee, defending the Burns omission last year with excuses like (I'm paraphrasing) "Well, there wasn't much clamoring to get Burns in before he dying." and I'm just floored. Absolutely ****ing floored.

In any case, he's in.

Next year, could Makarov and Roggie Vachon please get in with Lidstrom and Fedorov? Pretty please?

Thats exactly what happened , plus UMBERGER has better wheels and has played about 3 full seasons of less hockey and no mileage in the playoffs .

He played well for Philly can can play all 3 forward positions , RJ can play his 3 years , at 37 Hartnell will be done .

I don't know what Philly's doing with that trade. Even if Hartnell has two more years on his deal, he's a ton better than Bumburger is right now.

If I'm Bergevin, I try my damnedest to get their 2015 first round pick. They'll be life & death to make the playoffs next year.

Back