• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Tim Gleason, Shane O'Brien and Anton Volchenkov are all on waivers for purpose of a buyout.

Gleason's buyout will count as $1.333M against the Leafs' cap for the next four years.

Tim Gleason, Shane O'Brien and Anton Volchenkov are all on waivers for purpose of a buyout.

Too bad Volchenkov is a shadow of his former self. There is your shot blocker.

Both you guys think like Bob Gainey.

If he was a RH shot I'd say offer him a mil to be #7 guy. Penalty killer / shot blocker but he is a lefty and he probably wouldn't sign for a mil anyway. I don't think he's worth much more at 32 and having gone through injuries.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 2m
Jets will not be qualifying Keaton Ellerby.

Michael Del Zotto is another interesting name to not receive a qualifying offer.

No thanks. Enigma that takes far too many games off.

if Markov was out of the picture ...DelZotto would of been a consideration .

if Markov was out of the picture ...DelZotto would of been a consideration .

Yeah, no.

A guy that two teams got rid of for virtually nothing would be a consideration to replace Markov? Wha?

Yeah, no.

A guy that two teams got rid of for virtually nothing would be a consideration to replace Markov? Wha?

He will never be Markov but moves the puck , can skate and is 11 years younger. As a gap filler he will do until you find a better player. Only suggesting he was an option for now, just like P.A.
will never be Vanek but 50 soft points out of him for 8 mil is better than 60-70 soft points out of the Austrian Semin for 50 mil when neither is my answer long term .

He will never be Markov but moves the puck , can skate and is 11 years younger. As a gap filler he will do until you find a better player. Only suggesting he was an option for now, just like P.A.
will never be Vanek but 50 soft points out of him for 8 mil is better than 60-70 soft points out of the Austrian Semin for 50 mil when neither is my answer long term .

Nashville is letting him go for nothing. He will have a hard time finding a job in the NHL next season so no, he wouldn't be able to replace Markov.

If MDZ shot right, then I'd give him a shot. As it is, we have 5 lefties who would be ahead of him on our depth charts.

Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch · 1m
Jason Spezza has been dealt to the Dallas Stars pending a trade call. Involves substantial prospects and avails cash for other trades. #Sens

The return is three forwards and a draft pick, according to Mike Heika.

Back