• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Stars have gotten really good, really fast. Well done Jim Nill.

Spezza will be comfortable as their #2.

I am actually really surprised how deep is their prospects pool. Traded at least 6 prospects in the last two years. Do they have anyone left in the system?

Well, 3 of those were actual NHL players in Smith/Chiasson/Eriksson. Matt Fraser's doesn't have much upside in the NHL and Joe Morrow, we'll see. Could be an NHL in a year or two. The two prospects they gave up for Spezza are probably nothing prospects. They're not Brett Ritchie or Jamie Oleksiak.

Chiassons a third liner who scored a bunch pf goals on a high shooting percentage that wont repeat

Guptil is an ok prospect but nothing special.

The third guy sucks

If I am the Sens, I just wait. That deal was awful. What did you need the cap space for? To re-sign Michalek?

BTW? WTF Michalek? Why re-sign? He needs to fire his agent ASAP.

Claude Giroux arrested for grabbing Ottawa cop

Philadelphia Flyers captain Claude Giroux spent the night locked up at an Ottawa police station after allegedly grabbing a police officer's buttocks in the ByWard Market on Canada Day, CBC has learned.

Giroux, 26, was allegedly told to stop, but grabbed the male officer again.

He was spotted in a police cruiser around 9:15 p.m. ET.

Appears the Leafs are going to play the Rock and Sock em style next year if i understand their GM. They were a pretty good team when they played that way

Appears the Leafs are going to play the Rock and Sock em style next year if i understand their GM. They were a pretty good team when they played that way

They were a poor possession club (though better than 2014) in that style that made the playoffs because of 925 goaltending and a short season.

They really werent better than the year before or the year after. They just dodnt have time to collapse at the end of the year.

Looks like Gretzky is part of a group that's going to try and get a team (expansion or relocated) into Seattle.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=456459#YourCallTop

Couple this news with the trip that Bettman took to the Emerald City a month or two ago and there's considerable smoke with which to assume there might also be a fire.

Makes sense. The west has 14 teams as opposed to 16 in the east. Be better to move one out west but I don't see any one ready to move. Florida just got deep pocket ownership and they'll give it a go for a few years at least. Expansion makes the most sense.

Back