• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League: 2016-17 Playoffs

Re: Around The League: 2014 - 2015 Season

KHL is dead. Long live the KHL.

Vladimir Sobotka leaves Blues for KHL.

Re: Around The League: 2013 - 2014 Season

Yeah, and apparently the Bruins are going the other way in that they want to get away from that style.

No ...I think they will always try to be a physical team , they just want to get rid of the aggressive douchbaggery stuff that wasn't intimidating anyone. It took the Canadiens to show them that in the playoffs.

Nah, I doubt the Leafs are gonna go out swinging with goons. They might have one as their 13th forward, but that's about it.

You know fighting's going to be less & less prevalent in the league when teams like Bawstun are moving away from a designated thug. Shawn Thornton used to be a good fourth liner a few years back, though.

Kelly Friesen ‏According to multiple reports, there is a good chance Blue Jackets first-rounder Sonny Milano will be in Plymouth next year. #OHL

Pretty sure that the Vancouver Canucks are advertising season tickets on the radio... or could have been packages... but there was a time not long ago when there was quite a waiting list for these tickets. The John Tortorella firing buyout, the Loungo clean up, no playoffs last year and hiring Benning and Linden and you get the idea that the Canucks owners maybe sitting outside the local 7-Eleven store with an upside down hat asking for change. Of course the hat coming from the pile they collect when hat tricks are scored in their arena.

Pretty sure that the Vancouver Canucks are advertising season tickets on the radio... or could have been packages... but there was a time not long ago when there was quite a waiting list for these tickets. The John Tortorella firing buyout, the Loungo clean up, no playoffs last year and hiring Benning and Linden and you get the idea that the Canucks owners maybe sitting outside the local 7-Eleven store with an upside down hat asking for change. Of course the hat coming from the pile they collect when hat tricks are scored in their arena.

Wow....

You wanna know how Habs advertise their season tickets......they send you a bill saying you gotta pay by this date, or else you fall back into the 5-10 year waiting list. Best damn advertisement ever....

Wow....

You wanna know how Habs advertise their season tickets......they send you a bill saying you gotta pay by this date, or else you fall back into the 5-10 year waiting list. Best damn advertisement ever....

Then you get the playoff bill before they make the playoffs. And if they don't qualify, they ask to keep your money and apply it towards next season. What a gig...

Then you get the playoff bill before they make the playoffs. And if they don't qualify, they ask to keep your money and apply it towards next season. What a gig...

You have the option of being reimbursed right now, or apply it towards next season...

You have the option of being reimbursed right now, or apply it towards next season...

That's what I said. But you have to pay for it before you're certain of a playoff birth. By the time you get your money back.... lots of season tix holders I know just tell them to apply it since the season bill comes out soon after. What's the point of a refund. They pay a slight interest on it too though. But still a cash cow if there ever was one.

Vancouver is a total bwagon town..Remember just 13 yrs ago they were begging people to take tix. The second the team loses, people abandon the team.

Wow....

What's interesting here is that the Canucks season ticket holders may have forced a lot of the changes they've seen by the timing of everything. The Canucks owners launched their renewal emails to the Canucks ticket holders last March while the Canucks were officially being eliminated. They did not increase prices, which was very rare however many season ticket holders wanted to see if Gillis and/or Tortorella would be back before committing to buying another season. The situation got a lot of airplay on sports radio with a growing view that the Canucks owners were taking fans for granted and so quite a few gave up their seats. Even some corporate boxes were seen empty during some games.

What's funny is that as of right now no one really knows what direction the Canucks are going in yet. Basically they are hoping to rekindle the 2012-2013 season but no one thinks they could be a contender in the west.

Wonder if I can get Habs tickets this year? We know Josh Gorges family won't be there. :sarcasm

We play early again, October 30. It's a Thursday so upcountry fans won't be going. Should be easier this year.

Wow....

I wish I could afford one day getting that letter...

Back