• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2023 Edition

Former Leaf Lafferty had a solid start as Canuck but probably more as a result of the team playing really well; and as the team came back down to earth later on the season; Lafferty's play also faded.

Was looking around cap friendly yesterday and Dallas was a team that looked like they may want to create space, was thinking marchment with 2 years left may be an option but this appears to fix that.

The flyers look capped out and not good. Wonder if we could get Laughton from then if we need a C. 2 years at $3MM isn't bad

Am I missing something, or did this kind of come out of nowhere? I don’t really recall any talk during the season that Holland was considering not returning.

Is he pissed that he went from the head honcho of hockey in Edmonton to watching the Oilers/McGM bring in McDavid’s agent to be his boss?

Or he wants to retire? He’s sick of Edmonton? Or he’s not confident about McDrai sticking around and doesn’t want to be there for the after-shocks of that?

Pretty weird.

Whispers around the organization have been that Holland was advising towards the end and that someone else had taken the reins ( Brad Holland Keith Gretzky or Jeff Jackson)

One of those will likely be named GM

25 years old put up 70+ pts 2 seasons ago and 50+ this past year. Is he awful at all other aspects of the game or demanding $10MM a season?

1st + appears like a reasonable cost.

Back