• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

That's the thing - that ranking only makes sense if you continue to give buffalo the benefit of the doubt with drafting, even though they've been disastrous.

I mean look at cozens - 8th overall with barely 1.20ppg, and the same gpg as our boy Robertson (and who wants to bet that cozens also got more ice time and more pp time?). Why would you give that guy the benefit of the doubt based on their scouting history?

Pronman used to be interesting because he relied on objective numbers to identify over and underrated guys - but the numbers are overwhelmingly in toronto's favor here.

Stolen from HF, don't know if it's legit but I trust the poster I think:

Freidman just said he has heard that they are going to to establish a cap of 84.5-86.5 next year. But he predicts 83.5-85.5

I've been penciling in 84 so far, but 85-86 would be super sweet. Might give us room for both barrie and mozz.

That would be a huge relief if it's true. That shit about keeping it firm for another 2 years was, frankly, scary.

Yeah, Buffalo and Edmonton are ranked highly because they have a ton of top 10 picks. But I think they blew a lot of them.

Edmonton looks a lot better if its McDavid, Draisaitl, Tkachuk, Bouchard, Caufield.

Buffalo looks a lot better if its Eichel, Dahlin, Draisaitl, Sergachev, Middlestad, Caufield.

Its amazing the Leafs hit all 4 of their top 10 picks out of the park.

In completely unrelated news, Girardi expected to soon land the coveted position of BriseBois coffee fetcher. $500k/year.

Interesting though that he was a regular dman for the super elite bolts all year - even played ahead of Coburn come playoff time, and now can't get a job.

A reminder of what bottom pair dmen actually are, even on supposedly elite dcorps.

Back