• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Dude wasn't drafted and wasn't ever really an average or better NHL defenseman, but he managed to play 13 years in the league (split between living in New York City & Florida) and pull down about $45M in career earnings. Not bad.

As analytics continue to gain ground and cap dollars continue to get allocated away from the bottom of NHL rosters, it's not going to be an opportunity too many more players of his ilk are going to have.

So avs making it known that they're trying to gets Rants longterm and well under 9m.

I wish them good luck, even though I agree with their valuation - though I probably agree with it for different reasons than they have.

Point signing 3 year bridge deal in Tampa

I'll be choked if the Lightning don't have to pay significantly more than their previous joke of an over ($5.6M, I believe?).

I'm expecting it, though. They'll probably get him for slightly over $6M.

However much I detest the amount they paid Marner, I'm pleased that we didn't also go bridge given the potential big increase in revenues in three years.

they're still in a tougher position than us next year I think.

They have probably a little over $5m to re-sign all of Sergachev, Cirelli, Cernak, and Joseph.....which isn't enough. (and that's after losing all the UFA like shattenkirk, rutta, etc).

Back