• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Boston is still a major, major concern on that side of the bracket imo. What it comes down to is this imo: Who can we play at the top of our game against and still lose to? Tampa, Carolina, Boston, Florida imo have a gear that can turn even our best into a coin flip of a series. Rangers, Pen, & Caps don't. With that said....we can fucking lose to anyone in this league and maybe even a few KHL teams when we're in the mood to. But the teams that worry me are the teams that can beat us even if we show up in top form.

As long as the Habs, Sabres, and Kraken aren't in the playoffs, there's no one this team can't beat.

But some present a tougher challenge than others. I think Presty is right that Carolina is one, but because Fred is there, and because Fred or not we've always seemed to be able to top them, I would be semi-confident. NYR and Shitsturkeys in net is a matchup I'm not interested in testing out right now - they're fast, skilled, and have a goalie who can steal games. Florida has the potential to be the one that outruns and outguns us, but I think their rogues gallery of misfits is now showing itself to have been a bit of a flash in the pan, not cut out to withstand postseason rigors (in some ways like our guys previously). Boston will for sure put up a fight, but here's the thing - they're old, and they'll be beaten down after two tough rounds if they even get through (Canes are not making it easy, if they allow it at all), and we've got the younger, fresher legs, and the deeper team by quite a bit with that third line firing on all cylinders.

Good news is, only one of Carolina and Boston can advance, and Florida looks ready to wilt. But I predicted NYR In 5, which I think could still happen, so they're the major obstacle in the path, imo.

Man, hell of a playoff run the Preds are having. Good thing they held on to Forsberg instead of trading him for a king’s ransom as a rental.

Man, hell of a playoff run the Preds are having. Good thing they held on to Forsberg instead of trading him for a king’s ransom as a rental.
I’m assuming they resign him. But yeah, if he was coming back anyway, they could’ve gotten a ton of goodies for losing like 20 games of his services in a doomed season.

Florida Caps seemed like an easy one to predict. And NYR Pitts the next easiest.

I'll be pretty surprised if they go the other way, but oh so happy.

Hilarious sequence by Rodrigues - he draws a penalty and on the delay he passes it to literally no one at the point and it carries all the way back to Pittsburgh's net and hits the post and stays out!

I watch this and am kinda wondering, why do I not remember ever being totally amazed by a guy with the career Crosby has had, when I compare it to how I've felt about Matty, Marner, McDavid, and even OV? Is it just me, or is he just unspectacular yet extremely productive?

Back