• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

I watch this and am kinda wondering, why do I not remember ever being totally amazed by a guy with the career Crosby has had, when I compare it to how I've felt about Matty, Marner, McDavid, and even OV? Is it just me, or is he just unspectacular yet extremely productive?

It's you, he's amazing. It's just been somehow cool to dislike on Crosby for some reasons. He's also not as fancy dekes as some others but he has crazy vision, best backhand in the game and the strongest lower body since Jagr.

It's you, he's amazing. It's just been somehow cool to dislike on Crosby for some reasons. He's also not as fancy dekes as some others but he has crazy vision, best backhand in the game and the strongest lower body since Jagr.
I'm not disliking. I've always liked him. I'm just thinking back and not remembering being generally floored by him in the way that some of the others have pulled me out of my seat. Doesn't take away from his accomplishments.

I'm not disliking. I've always liked him. I'm just thinking back and not remembering being generally floored by him in the way that some of the others have pulled me out of my seat. Doesn't take away from his accomplishments.
Yeah it was not meant toward you, just a general comment that Crosby was often seen as the uncool player to like, people often favoring Ovechkin or Malkin or whoever was challenging Crosby for the best player in the league. I feel he never quite got the reverence that other greats before him had. Maybe it's just me. :)

Last edited:
Not me. Bring it on. NYR is really dropping the ball in this series. They had them in Game 1, and then they fought back and had all the momentum in Game 3 only to piss it away on a horrible game winner. No way can Pittsburgh skate with us, or outskill us, even with Crosby and Malkin.

Oh shit, I just looked back and saw I called Calgary in 7. Dammit! I knew they wouldn’t just knock out the Stars easily but I must’ve chickened out!

Pettiness drives passion. Fuck anyone who can't understand that. And this applies to Axl too! He's actively cheering for the oilers to spite the people here because he's mad that we cheer against them out of spite. Can't even blame him. I totally get it.

Back