• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Pettiness drives passion. Fuck anyone who can't understand that. And this applies to Axl too! He's actively cheering for the oilers to spite the people here because he's mad that we cheer against them out of spite. Can't even blame him. I totally get it.

I don't. aside from McDavid the whole org and fanbase is intensely unlikeable.

Flames have a nice surprise season in the pathetic pacific, and of course still not as good as the Leafs, and they instantly get the canadian hype anyways.

Fuck them.

Screenshot_20220508-094921_Chrome.jpg

Markstrom the Great had a .922 this year, .915 as a Flame, .912 career.

Calgary's great forward depth - I kid you not :

Dube - Jarnkrok - Coleman
Lucic - Lewis - Ritchie

Their great defense depth:

Gudbranson-Zadorov

Their amazing playoffs-built defense is led by .....Hanifin, Andersson, Kylington.

Fuxk the Flames and fuck the NHL.

you have to remember that Dubas is not liked around the league, and the people being asked these questions are Dubas peers.
This is the driving forced around my passion and give-a-fuck meter for the leafs winning. It's personal revenge of the nerds type shit as the boomers openly cheer against Kyle and mock him relentlessly for being smarter, younger and better looking than them.

I actually don’t have any real specific dislike towards the Flames. They’ve generally been kind of a bland, middling, milquetoast team during most of the Gaudreau era. They don’t really inspire strong feelings one way or the other.

Still, they’re another Canadian team, so I would like to see them lose. Sutter hockey is also boring as hell, so it’d be nice if they aren’t rewarded with success for playing that way.

And good god is that article by Lebrun ever a joke. Those probably are quotes from an actual NHL exec, but Lebrun definitely goes and deliberately seeks out guys that share his own dumb opinions.

I get what the one exec says about path. It's the one legitimate reason to prefer calgary's chances over the leafs imo. Our path is likely having to go through 3 elite teams just to get to the finals. Thats a tough bet to make even if you have a more rational view of the teams quality than we see in that article.

And good god is that article by Lebrun ever a joke. Those probably are quotes from an actual NHL exec, but Lebrun definitely goes and deliberately seeks out guys that share his own dumb opinions.
GrizzledUnrealisticDungenesscrab-max-1mb.gif

I get what the one exec says about path. It's the one legitimate reason to prefer calgary's chances over the leafs imo. Our path is likely having to go through 3 elite teams just to get to the finals. Thats a tough bet to make even if you have a more rational view of the teams quality than we see in that article.
Yeah, if they had said *that* I think it’s perfectly fair.

Pettiness drives passion. Fuck anyone who can't understand that. And this applies to Axl too! He's actively cheering for the oilers to spite the people here because he's mad that we cheer against them out of spite. Can't even blame him. I totally get it.
This thread is more about the Airing of Grievances than hockey news around the league. I guess it's Festivus for the rest of us.

This thread is more about the Airing of Grievances than hockey news around the league. I guess it's Festivus for the rest of us.

When was the last time you made a post that wasn't a complaint about the complainers or trolling the complainers tho....

Back