• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Pettiness drives passion. Fuck anyone who can't understand that. And this applies to Axl too! He's actively cheering for the oilers to spite the people here because he's mad that we cheer against them out of spite. Can't even blame him. I totally get it.
You’re just being petty

When was the last time you made a post that wasn't a complaint about the complainers or trolling the complainers tho....
In fairness the level of whinging by some here is just HS level anxiety. I’ll let you all decide who this applies to though.

Nobody said otherwise.

This is all Preston's fault, anyways. I was just innocently sipping a coffee and reading about how awful the Flames are, how awful Flames fans are, and how awful the media is for talking about or answering questions about the Flames, when he had to drag me back into this.

By all means, please continue with the airing of grievances!!

jYklEp1.jpg

"Answering questions about the flames"

Hehhehh.

Anyways, good for you for being the refined sports fan who wishes nothing but success for all parties. Kudos.

2-1 Hurricanes over the Bruins (early 2nd period)

Serious question: who's going to win this series, and who would you rather play?

Nobody said otherwise.

This is all Preston's fault, anyways. I was just innocently sipping a coffee and reading about how awful the Flames are, how awful Flames fans are, and how awful the media is for talking about or answering questions about the Flames, when he had to drag me back into this.

By all means, please continue with the airing of grievances!!

jYklEp1.jpg
Woah woah woah I was just politely pointing out that as sports fans we all have neanderthalic sports rage, even if they're directed at different things. Most here let the league wide hatred of the biggest, loudest market in the league with the progressive GM fuel their spite rage. You do the exact same thing! Except you target the fans that have that spite rage over the media, fans, league execs, etc.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. Just that we're all one in the same even if some think they're a beacon of maturity. None of this following sports teams religiously thing makes sense without these irrational emotions after all. So in a way I was defending you. I'm so fucking nice.

Woah woah woah I was just politely pointing out that as sports fans we all have neanderthalic sports rage, even if they're directed at different things. Most here let the league wide hatred of the biggest, loudest market in the league with the progressive GM fuel their spite rage. You do the exact same thing! Except you target the fans that have that spite rage over the media, fans, league execs, etc.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it. Just that we're all one in the same even if some think they're a beacon of maturity. None of this following sports teams religiously thing makes sense without these irrational emotions after all. So in a way I was defending you. I'm so fucking nice.
For the most part I get it and really don't have a problem with it. It's just when it descends into Realkoreaboy-levels of silliness where I feel compelled to question it. Especially since this board prides itself on intelligent hockey analysis. But sometimes emotion overcomes logic, and that's okay.

For the most part I get it and really don't have a problem with it. It's just when it descends into Realkoreaboy-levels of silliness where I feel compelled to question it. Especially since this board prides itself on intelligent hockey analysis. But sometimes emotion overcomes logic, and that's okay.

Kudos for having the perfectly balanced take to sports watching.

Huzzah, even

I want Bruins to win because I think they're worse than Carolina. And I fear a leafs-canes matchup perhaps even more than leafs-bolts.
Yeah, I think I fear Carolina the most in this whole conference. Not that we can't beat them, but they are legit. It feels wrong to prefer to play the Bruins though, because of past trauma. But I would rather play them.

Back