• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

I ll
I wouldn't spend big assets on a .906 goalie like Saros either. I'm all for getting a good goalie. Great, even. I just don't have enough confidence that anyone they'd acquire for prime assets or aav would be actually great. It's a risk.
I see Saros as the salary thrown in ( accounting for minimal actual value though) in a Marner trade

If i recall correctly, the general consensus for Jack and Samsonov ranged from " Sure, why, not, i guess" to " Jesus Christ, No" i cant recall a single motherfucker excited about either one

I wouldn't spend big assets on a .906 goalie like Saros either. I'm all for getting a good goalie. Great, even. I just don't have enough confidence that anyone they'd acquire for prime assets or aav would be actually great. It's a risk.

The bigger risk is doing what we keep doing. Trawling the bargain bit and praying.

Here's the UFA market of goalies who have been league average or better over the last 2 years:

Talbot, Stolarz. Happy hunting.

Here's the maybe trade market and their GSAA/60 ranking over the last 3 years (6000min+)

Ullmark: 1st
Saros: 6th
Markstrom: 15th

Do the Islanders lose their fucking mind and trade Sorokin (3rd)? That would be nice. He would be the obvious get. But it's crazy to suggest that Ullmark or Saros aren't worth the 5 million cap hit next year, loony.

Yeah, you didn’t warm up and love Jack, and didn’t like when we extended him?

Jack was fine for us, I liked him fine. I believe I referred to him as a human version of a golden retriever a few times. But you're never going to find an example of me calling him more than a maybe 1A goalie.

and we never extended him. He was on a 2 yr deal when we traded for him, he left for Edmonton after that deal. You might want to chill with accusing others of revisionist history when you're just making up shit whole cloth bud.

Imagine having such terrible goaltending over the years you become so jaded to the point that all goalies must be shit, just pay one of them in rom com DVD's with a low cap hit, cause they are all shit, nothing matters, eat Arby's and keep John Tavares at 11M

$5m, plus a 1st, plus whatever else. With an extension that locks us in for five more years.

Might be a 1st, won't be plus whatever else. $5 million isn't a big cap hit, you're trying to give that and more to Jake Debrusk for fuck sakes. As for the extension, there's no rush. Make sure he's playing well here, see what Woll and Hildeby are. Give me a full season of solid goaltending for a 1st over a fucking deadline rental all day every day.

Jack was fine for us, I liked him fine. I believe I referred to him as a human version of a golden retriever a few times. But you're never going to find an example of me calling him more than a maybe 1A goalie.

and we never extended him. He was on a 2 yr deal when we traded for him, he left for Edmonton after that deal. You might want to chill with accusing others of revisionist history when you're just making up shit whole cloth bud.
So sorry I forgot that detail. Forgive me. I never claimed any of us thought he was going to win the Vezina for us, but we were all happy with him before he couldn’t get us ahead in the playoffs and we let him walk.

You not realizing you are grating might be the most obtuse you have ever been on any subject ever.
Shut your fucking mouth already?

Your posts provide zero value to any discussion. It’s always tantamount to fucking dvd commentary from a failed comic who got booed off the stage at every improv and then retired to take his comedic talents to a hockey forum where they’re not wanted by anyone other than maybe your mother who reads anonymously and chuckles ironically at what her 40 year old moron son is spending his time doing in the basement when not luring unsuspecting gay men down there to murder them.

Just. Shut. Up.

Back