• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Listen, for people that pretend to be righteous and do the right thing they seem fine with murder and shakedown.

....you realize it was Michkov's old man that got killed right, Matvei Michkov to my knowledge hasn't killed anyone yet or shaken anyone down.
Oh the mob killed Michkov's dad and shook down Philly? Draft him!!!!

What kind of dogshit argument is this. Don't draft Michkov because his family was the fucking victim of a probably mob murder.

How does that make Michkov the baddie here? How does supporting Michkov...the victim in a crime.... become hypocritical because of that other time that I supported....the victim in a crime.

Jesus titty fucking christ on a wobbly bike you're an idiot sometimes.

Things are super civil at the moment!

I told him I liked Demidov, he was somewhat complimentary of the Leafs moves and taking a wait and see approach.

It’s a fragile detente but I’m enjoying peacetime!!

Next stop: solve the crisis in the Middle East

....you realize it was Michkov's old man that got killed right, Matvei Michkov to my knowledge hasn't killed anyone yet or shaken anyone down.

What kind of dogshit argument is this. Don't draft Michkov because his family was the fucking victim of a probably mob murder.

How does that make Michkov the baddie here? How does supporting Michkov...the victim in a crime.... become hypocritical because of that other time that I supported....the victim in a crime.

Jesus titty fucking christ on a wobbly bike you're an idiot sometimes.
"Victim"

You love omitting reports out of Russia

Last edited:
"Victim"

You live omitting reports out of Russia

His old man "went for a walk" and got clapped and found in a pond. To the best of my knowledge to tell, there's no real information about who or why. There's rumors that he was trying to have Matvei's contract cancelled so he could go the NHL earlier (contract was through the end of 25-26 at the time) but there's no good source on that and a bunch of journalists claiming there's nothing behind that at all.

So again...how the fuck is this on the kid? There's been reports of him being a bit of a cocky dick, but that's about the extent of it.

Again, everything out there suggests the kid (and his father) were victims, like this:

View: https://x.com/NCloutierTVA/status/1656062156452839425

What does it have to do with the kid? I've read shit that the speculation was the old man owed the wrong people money and they came to collect off the son. The contract he tried to cancel was so they could gtfo.

He could be the next Gretzky for all I care, once you're mixed up in that shit? Yeah most don't want to be anywhere near it.

Then there's the reports that when he scores his teammates don't come and congratulate him often.

Several KHL people told Bobrov to stay away including his father.

Other teams passed as well.

The hypocrisy is thinking any of that bullshit is ok. But yeah keep thinking what you think. The guy is toxic and you sure spew a lot of shit for someone that's never seen him play so take your metrics, which is all you're looking at in this scenario, and stick them up MBows ass.

Cheers.

I know the kid has put up legend level numbers in the KHL for his age, better than every Russian star currently in the NHL, including Ovechkin:

Draft Season
Michkov: .33gpg, .74ppg
Ovechkin: .25gpg, .45ppg

Draft + 1
Michkov: .40gpg, .87ppg
Ovechkin: .35gpg, .70ppg

Passing on someone who out produces Ovechkin as a 17 and 18 yr old is a mistake, full fucking stop.

The two best forwards in the history of the game were floaters and one of them was built like teenage dutch girl.

All of your bitching and moaning is pure cope.

For a team starved for offensive talent it was stupid. Only way it is okay is reindeer wins a bunch of Norris trophies... And that ain't happening.

Back