• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

These few weeks kinda feel like hockey's "me too" moment. Not to equate the two obviously, I just mean the curtain is being lifted quite suddenly.

It does actually. This might mean there will be change and the cock won't be in demand like so many thought.
See, Peters should have stayed in Carolina.

In what world do these guys live, that someone hasn't already talked to them about racist remarks. Geez - you're talking to teenagers, they are supposed to look up to you.

In what world do these guys live, that someone hasn't already talked to them about racist remarks. Geez - you're talking to teenagers, they are supposed to look up to you.

I totally understand why these guys don't speak out at the time. Especially if you're a player who's just on the fringes of making it to the NHL or not, playing the "race card" against a respected member of the NHL "old boy's club" 10 years ago would have been a career death sentence.

And Aliu in particular had already gotten to experience what can happen to you when you speak out against injustice. When he was an OHL rookie with Windsor just a few years before he turned pro and got the pleasure of playing for Bill Peters, he spoke out against the "hazing" he and the other rookies were subjected to. The result of that was that he got shipped off to Sudbury.

Funny enough, one of his assistant coaches on that Sudbury team? Babcock disciple DJ Smith.

I totally understand why these guys don't speak out at the time. Especially if you're a player who's just on the fringes of making it to the NHL or not, playing the "race card" against a respected member of the NHL "old boy's club" 10 years ago would have been a career death sentence.

And Aliu in particular had already gotten to experience what can happen to you when you speak out against injustice. When he was an OHL rookie with Windsor just a few years before he turned pro and got the pleasure of playing for Bill Peters, he spoke out against the "hazing" he and the other rookies were subjected to. The result of that was that he got shipped off to Sudbury.

Funny enough, one of his assistant coaches on that Sudbury team? Babcock disciple DJ Smith.

just look at graham james

Interesting that our new coach was blacklisted for being a victim of one of these abusive child predator coaches. Probably the only reason he was still available for the Leafs at this point too.

Combine that with the woman the Leafs have hired all over the organization and Dubas sure is making an impact in the hockey world.

The Michael Jordan one is bad as well. The fear of finally making it to the NHL and losing his job about speaking up is sad

No way he survives this shit

The Michael Jordan one is bad as well. The fear of finally making it to the NHL and losing his job about speaking up is sad

No way he survives this shit

Peters boss did trade for Lucic....so maybe he is that stupid.

To be fair, they are required to represent their players. That's like saying defense lawyers shouldn't exist.
Except they represent the victim and the culprit. It seems they're more concerned with protecting the culprit than the victim.

If the victim required a response/representation (which would be odd when someone is appealing punishment) or had some responsibility for handing out the punishments, you'd have a point.

Back