• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

If the victim required a response/representation (which would be odd when someone is appealing punishment) or had some responsibility for handing out the punishments, you'd have a point.
You don't think that justice it's owed to the victim?

You don't think that the PA owes it to their members to protect them from injury?

By all means if there's an overly harsh penalty the PA should try to correct it. But when a player intentionally injures another member... I think they owe it to that player (and all players) to support a harsh punishment.

If you want the NHLPA to have some say in the way the NHL metes out its 'justice', maybe lobby them to give them a say. I think it would probably improve things a great deal.

If you want the NHLPA to have some say in the way the NHL metes out its 'justice', maybe lobby them to give them a say. I think it would probably improve things a great deal.

It seems you're intentionally "missing" my point.

The PA doesn't really need to be part of the initial punishment. They just need to protect their members by "standing by" the victim on some of these blatant intents to injure... instead they stand by the culprit and try to get the punishment reduced.

I'm not saying it will ever happen, but I think it would make s=for a safer league for their members.

Speaking of the Bruins and NHL justice ... same night as Kerfoot, not even a minor, let alone a hearing.
It seems you're intentionally "missing" my point.

The PA doesn't really need to be part of the initial punishment. They just need to protect their members by "standing by" the victim on some of these blatant intents to injure... instead they stand by the culprit and try to get the punishment reduced.

I'm not saying it will ever happen, but I think it would make s=for a safer league for their members.
I'm not missing your point. There is no avenue for the NHLPA to 'defend' the victim. The process is 100% controlled by the NHL.

Speaking of the Bruins and NHL justice ... same night as Kerfoot, not even a minor, let alone a hearing.

I'm not missing your point. There is no avenue for the NHLPA to 'defend' the victim. The process is 100% controlled by the NHL.
Maybe take a screen shot of my posts and post them so I can see if my entire posts are showing up for you. You're clearly not reading everything that I'm saying.

Are you saying that the PA has no part in the appeals process?
Obviously not. That's the only place in the entire process where the NHLPA has a role. I'm not sure what you think they're supposed to do -- not represent a player who wants to appeal? Just takes us back to my original point.

The NHLPA gets exactly zero input into the punishment -- which is where a victim's interests would be represented.

The NHL could set it up differently so that the NHLPA had a role in representing the victim but they don't.

They control the entire thing beyond provisions for the NHLPA to appeal punishment decisions they make.

Obviously not. That's the only place in the entire process where the NHLPA has a role. I'm not sure what you think they're supposed to do -- not represent a player who wants to appeal? Just takes us back to my original point.

The NHLPA gets exactly zero input into the punishment -- which is where a victim's interests would be represented.
And my entire point has been based on the appeal. When the PA supports the culprit in an appeal, they are in essence, going against the victim.

Yes, if the punishment is just, they need to support the victim... and their entire membership.

I'm not placing all the blame on the NHLPA for the head shots and other dirty plays... but when they appeal fair suspensions for cheap shots they are not helping to keep their players safe. They are helping "protect" players' rights to take cheap shots at their members.

On the one hand, I hate the Bruins more than the Habs.

On the other hand, some Hab fans around here have been talking pretty confidently about how they have no fear of the Bruins.
"Some?" I believe that was one.

That said... we've really had a lot of success vs the Bruins for a long time. I don't think anyone would have claimed we were the better team... but the Bruins wouldn't be the team I feared the most. We've just had too much success against them to really fear them.

Hell even tonight... our goaltending was just brutal. They scored a couple legit goals, but for the most part the goaltending was brutal. That said, the team has been completely flat for the past week or two.

Yep. Me.

Habs dropped trou and all took a dump on the CH tonight. The sad thing is it won’t even move the needle with the regime.

I’m still not afraid of the Bruins in a 7 game series.

Yep. Me.

Habs dropped trou and all took a dump on the CH tonight. The sad thing is it won’t even move the needle with the regime.

I’m still not afraid of the Bruins in a 7 game series.

I doubt by the end of the season, you'll need to be.

Back