• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League 2019-2024 Edition

Problem is. Chicago is within range of a playoff position. Marner would be a god in Chicago. But the Hawks have to start losing hard.

We trade Marner plus odds and sods for Kane and Lehner.

We lose out long term, but maybe win a freaking Stanley Cup this year.

Reactions: CH1
Problem is. Chicago is within range of a playoff position. Marner would be a god in Chicago. But the Hawks have to start losing hard.

We trade Marner plus odds and sods for Kane and Lehner.

We lose out long term, but maybe win a freaking Stanley Cup this year.

Put the bong down man.

#teamcancer
Hey team cancer was the name of our skateboard team when I was 13-17...we were called team cancer because we all,smoked and we used the lung association logo. We were damn good. Had stickers that we posted all over the city

Havent been following them lately but for a while he seemed to hold his own

Probably the right move at the moment though

He looked good early last season... and overall had a pretty good year for an 18 year old. This season he's looked good at times but also looked lost much of the time.

To me, it's less about whether or not he could hold his own when they started him in the NHL, and more about what would've been better for his development. And at the time and in hindsight, it seemed like a big, gangly teenager like Kotkaniemi probably would've been better served spending another couple of years playing either at home or in the AHL before making the jump to the NHL.

Would've been better for the Habs too from a cap management perspective, since you'd get more out of his ELC years and you'd push back his UFA eligibility into later in his prime.

But I guess when you've got a GM desperate to win now to save his job, long-term planning like that doesn't get taken into consideration.

Fleury, Kotkaniemi, and Poehling has been begging for a demotion too.

What an absolute disaster over there, and they’re STILL keeping Bergemoron around to see what he does next.

I'll be very surprised if Weber plays more than 2 more seasons after this year. Possibly the 3rd season for $3m... but doubt very much that a (presumably) old, broken down Weber plays out the final 3 seasons at $1m per year.

Petry is the Habs best dman and should be a prime target for Dubas if biceps was willing to deal him within the divison

Habs send Kotkaniemi down to the AHL.

Now there's a move that came about a year-and-a-half too late.

Should of come up
Petry is the Habs best dman and should be a prime target for Dubas if biceps was willing to deal him within the divison

Good fit but pipes and regime will be be too stupid to milk his value right now , we are competing ........🤮

Back