• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

I suspect TML will right their ship, but they have regressed. Likely 3rd in the division, with or without the bad start.
Leafs remind me of the pressure the Habs were feeling during centennial year and the wall started to chip and nothing could stop the entire structure from crumbling - defense & goaltending are shoddy to be polite

Leafs remind me of the pressure the Habs were feeling during centennial year and the wall started to chip and nothing could stop the entire structure from crumbling - defense & goaltending are shoddy to be polite

Core group isn’t working , time to shaker up .

That whole statement is fucking contemptible.

There General Manager's not the boss of the organization, but he's the boss of the hockey franchise. All of this happened under his watch, and his reaction is "well I did what I had to do and cleaned my hands of it it's not my responsibility go ask McDonagh"
He's using the Joe Paterno excuse and it's going to get him about as far as Paterno got, which is to say not very far at all.

I have to say, though... Based on that report and his statement afterwards, Stan Bowman is such a fucking eunuch.

And they allowed him to "resign". Fuck off, man.
The key part is "This doesn't absolve Bergevin of all wrongdoing..."

He may not have been at this meeting but he was around and I doubt very much that he knew nothing. And let's face it. Even if he did know, would he do the right thing? Not likely. They're all the bloody same. Bergy just wears flashier suits.

Core group isn’t working , time to shaker up .
But Dumbass is committed to that core and seems to want to go down in a sinking ship with those 4 players. It doesn't help that the one guy among those 4 who they might consider trading is the one guy who actually isn't sucking at the moment.

The key part is "This doesn't absolve Bergevin of all wrongdoing..."

He may not have been at this meeting but he was around and I doubt very much that he knew nothing. And let's face it. Even if he did know, would he do the right thing? Not likely. They're all the bloody same. Bergy just wears flashier suits.
There's no mention of him, not even once, in the 107 page report. He's completely off the hook.

For sure...

But how can you escape this situation....we are in the ''cancel culture-#meetoo''.... Not sure the rest of the owners will allow their league to go down this slippery path. Between losing important sponsors and Joel, be sure that Joel is the one that'll be ousted....

I'm sure ESPN will also weight-in

For sure...

But how can you escape this situation....we are in the ''cancel culture-#meetoo''.... Not sure the rest of the owners will allow their league to go down this slippery path. Between losing important sponsors and Joel, be sure that Joel is the one that'll be ousted....

I'm sure ESPN will also weight-in.
I understand. I just expect Viola, who I assume is pretty politically conservative, to push back . . . at least initially. With Bowman, it was easier to cut ties. The team has sucked for a while now, Chicago is a pretty liberal/woke city, etc.

Viola is good friends with Trump. Trump offered him secretary of the army and he had to turn it down because of requires putting everything he owns into trust.

I say this because he doesn't strike me as a guy to react as you're implying.

Viola is good friends with Trump. Trump offered him secretary of the army and he had to turn it down because of requires putting everything he owns into trust.

I say this because he doesn't strike me as a guy to react as you're implying.
I assume you're referring to Rolex?

I expect significant push-back from the Panthers re: getting rid of Quenneville.

I am not defending or criminalizing any participant in this ordeal

What does Quenneville have to do with this ?

This is all on senior management , the decision makers who run the show

If this was common knowledge , how deep do you go when your leaders shoved it under the rug

And you. He's not so conservative. I don't really know him only meeting him twice but I'm not so sure he makes them can Q.

Back