• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

When asked about homophobic bullying, Towes is lying his ass off in his interview. What a dick. A fucking lying douchebag of a human.

Watch the interview.

All the signs of a liar.

So much pretending...
Leadership.

But if you don't believe that Toews didn't know what was going on then you can't cut Bergevin any slack either. According to Beach and a couple of other players who were there at the time, literally everyone knew and that includes Bergy. Does anyone really believe that Bergevin wouldn't stand for such behaviour? No, he'd be right there with da boys, dropping f-bombs and yukking it up.

But he is made of Teflon.

Last edited:
Bergeron was likely leading the charge...

And if what I remember about hazing in the rituals in the 80's that I heard about, he was also likely at the centre of a circle jerk or two.

Lord of the flies with dicks out...

Leadership.

But if you don't believe that Toews didn't know what was going on then you can't cut Bergevin any slack either. According to Beach and a couple of other players who were there at the time, literally everyone knew and that includes Bergy. Does anyone really believe that Bergevin wouldn't stand for such behaviour? No, he'd be right there with da boys, dropping f-bombs and yukking it up.

But he is made of Teflon.
I’m no legal scholar so Krusty & Count know better than I would:

“Knowing or being told of it as second hand knowledge” without burden of proof will not hold in any court of law. If that were the case every Hawks employee should’ve been canned for starters since I’m sure all of them “knew”

I’m sure a significant portion of the entire NHL “knew” since it is an old boys club

Bergeron was likely leading the charge...

And if what I remember about hazing in the rituals in the 80's that I heard about, he was also likely at the centre of a circle jerk or two.

Lord of the flies with dicks out...
I joined a college fraternity in 1985 which, fortunately, had evolved beyond the "Animal House" era of hazing. But there were other fraternities on campus who did things the old fashioned way and they were big on public displays of humiliation. To my recollection none of their pledges ever quit or refused to do what they were commanded to do. They wanted to be full fledged members of a club that required them to submit to abuse and they didn't give it a second thought.

I’m no legal scholar so Krusty & Count know better than I would:

“Knowing or being told of it as second hand knowledge” without burden of proof will not hold in any court of law. If that were the case every Hawks employee should’ve been canned for starters since I’m sure all of them “knew”

I’m sure a significant portion of the entire NHL “knew” since it is an old boys club
A pro sports executive can be fired for a 3 game losing streak so what would or wouldn't stand up in a court of law doesn't matter. Bergevin may not have been in the room when this meeting occurred but that doesn't mean he didn't know. And if we are to believe Beach and Brent Sopel, who corroborated Beach's contention that the abuse was not a secret and that everyone knew, then Bergevin knew so his plausible deniability goes up in smoke. No, Bergevin can't be taken to court for not acting on what he knew, but he sure as hell can be fired, and needs to be, for this and several other good reasons.

A pro sports executive can be fired for a 3 game losing streak so what would or wouldn't stand up in a court of law doesn't matter. Bergevin may not have been in the room when this meeting occurred but that doesn't mean he didn't know. And if we are to believe Beach and Brent Sopel, who corroborated Beach's contention that the abuse was not a secret and that everyone knew, then Bergevin knew so his plausible deniability goes up in smoke. No, Bergevin can't be taken to court for not acting on what he knew, but he sure as hell can be fired, and needs to be, for this and several other good reasons.
Chevaldayoff & Quenneville lied about not being part of a meeting that exposed evidence.

MBs actual quote last summer - which is corroborated by the report findings:

“It came out recently, there was a meeting that I heard that was done in Chicago, I was not part of any meeting, and I was not part of any decision based on that,"

Firing MB for “knowing or hearing about it” without having been presented evidence, opens Jr up for a major lawsuit....

MB will likely be extended IMO, once the 1-week news cycle attention span is over & done with

Chevaldayoff & Quenneville lied about not being part of a meeting that exposed evidence.

MBs actual quote last summer - which is corroborated by the report findings:

“It came out recently, there was a meeting that I heard that was done in Chicago, I was not part of any meeting, and I was not part of any decision based on that,"

Firing MB for “knowing or hearing about it” without having been presented evidence, opens Jr up for a major lawsuit....

MB will likely be extended IMO, once the 1-week news cycle attention span is over & done with
He won't be fired for what happened in Chicago, at least not officially. Officially he'll be fired for his team winning only once and barely scoring any goals since the season began. But the real reason will be because Molson will want to get rid of a potential problem. Maybe Bergy is legally in the clear but the court of public opinion has yet to weigh in on his fitness to remain in his job. Geoff is very sensitive to these things. People will look at the toxic culture around the Blackhawks, then remember that Bergy drafted Mailloux and they will start connecting dots on social media.

It may take a while, but judgement day is coming for Bergevin.

He won't be fired for what happened in Chicago, at least not officially. Officially he'll be fired for his team winning only once and barely scoring any goals since the season began. But the real reason will be because Molson will want to get rid of a potential problem. Maybe Bergy is legally in the clear but the court of public opinion has yet to weigh in on his fitness to remain in his job. Geoff is very sensitive to these things. People will look at the toxic culture around the Blackhawks, then remember that Bergy drafted Mailloux and they will start connecting dots on social media.

It may take a while, but judgement day is coming for Bergevin.
A GM does not get fired for a bad start to a season after being in the Cup finals - especially when all the semi-finalists are also struggling. Never happens...

As for knowing, I’m sure every Hawks employee knew, in fact I’m sure it was well know league wide since it is an old boys club!

Nope. He's Teflon. Don't kid yourself, whatever you may feel about his philosophies, Bergevin is a very intelligent person.

A GM does not get fired for a bad start to a season after being in the Cup finals - especially when all the semi-finalists are also struggling. Never happens...

As for knowing, I’m sure every Hawks employee knew, in fact I’m sure it was well know league wide since it is an old boys club!

No doubt in my mind all employees of the Hawks , Bettman and other NHL senior players knew what was going on

Wrongly , they chose winning the cup more important than dealing with this

I cant think of one high end league or team that would not have put winning ahead of everything else

If you firing Nero or Quenneville , or Chevy why not Bettman , Daley etc.....

I dont know how far you go when the old boys club tactics , views , and conduct was in place for so long

Now the world does a rapid 360 degree overnight social change that goes against past actions , and the world is trying to get a handle on it .

Most of us older FI members have seen insane shit done in our working careers

No doubt in my mind all employees of the Hawks , Bettman and other NHL senior players knew what was going on

Wrongly , they chose winning the cup more important than dealing with this

I cant think of one high end league or team that would not have put winning ahead of everything else

If you firing Nero or Quenneville , or Chevy why not Bettman , Daley etc.....

I dont know how far you go when the old boys club tactics , views , and conduct was in place for so long

Now the world does a rapid 360 degree overnight social change that goes against past actions , and the world is trying to get a handle on it .

Most of us older FI members have seen insane shit done in our working careers
All businesses have a legal obligation to employees but not moral obligations - unless they choose to.

Legally, the Hawks were within bounds, scumbag employee was given the option of going through internal investigation to confirm allegations, or resigning, scumbag chose latter and was therefore no longer an employee of the company.

An independent investigation was conducted into who had visibility to legally binding evidence and none of those are employed by the Hawks at present

All businesses have a legal obligation to employees but not moral obligations - unless they choose to.

Legally, the Hawks were within bounds, scumbag employee was given the option of going through internal investigation to confirm allegations, or resigning, scumbag chose latter and was therefore no longer an employee of the company.

An independent investigation was conducted into who had visibility to legally binding evidence and none of those are employed by the Hawks at present

Good post , but not sure why this took 10 years

So legally all these Ex Hawk staff face less punishment if this gets pushed to the courts

Ok hear me out here, Bergevin hasn't signed an extension because he was waiting to see if he'd get caught up in this.

At 2008 draft, I wanted Habs to find a way and move up to draft this huge power forward w a mean streak from BC... Kyle Beach.

That Aldrich character is a tiny specimen, just goes to show physical stature vs emotional domination and control are not one and the same
dont tell leaf fans that

Did the police report from 2010 after this happened ever come out? Just wondering why the police never did anything.

Back