• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

Quenneville's resigned, Andrew Brunette will be the interim coach.

Over/under 24 hours before Cheveldayoff "resigns"?

Also keep in mind one Bill Peters was the Hawks AHL head coach in Rockford during the same timeframe 2010 / 2011 ... dishing out racial epitaph at Aliu

Ok hear me out here, Bergevin hasn't signed an extension because he was waiting to see if he'd get caught up in this.
I doubt it. He drafted Logan “please don’t draft me” Mailloux just a few months ago. And he obviously knew that he wasn’t at that meeting, so no, I don’t think it has anything to do with it.

Last edited:
I doubt it. He drafted Logan “please don’t draft me” Mailloux just a few months ago. And he obviously knew that he wasn’t at that meeting, so no, I don’t think it has anything to do with it.
Agree - I maintain Jr was waiting for MB to be exonerated in the investigation before extending him

A GM does not get fired for a bad start to a season after being in the Cup finals - especially when all the semi-finalists are also struggling. Never happens...

As for knowing, I’m sure every Hawks employee knew, in fact I’m sure it was well know league wide since it is an old boys club!

Al MacNeil coached the Habs to a Cup championship in 1970-71 and was fired before the 71-72 season began. And his transgressions were practically non-existent compared to Bergevin. He temporarily benched Henri Richard (and it worked because after the Pocket Rocket stopped being angry he went out and basically won the final series by himself) and his reward was to get demoted to the Nova Scotia Voyageurs. Bergevin was complicit in the sexual assault of a player and, last time I checked, the Habs didn't even win the Cup last summer. So don't be so sure that he can skate on this if social media decides to make a thing out of this.

How does he get canned but Buttman , Daily , etc .....remain in power
Because shit flows downhill, not uphill. The guy at the bottom of the shit pile, Kyle Beach, had his NHL career destroyed. The people who allowed it to happen got to live their lives like nothing happened for another decade. And now only the next two rungs of the ladder are facing consequences. Bowman will be the highest ranking suit to walk the plank. This won't go as high as the league's head office. They're the ones who get to look like Gary Cooper in High Noon and mete out the discipline they should have meted out in 2010.

Al MacNeil coached the Habs to a Cup championship in 1970-71 and was fired before the 71-72 season began. And his transgressions were practically non-existent compared to Bergevin. He temporarily benched Henri Richard (and it worked because after the Pocket Rocket stopped being angry he went out and basically won the final series by himself) and his reward was to get demoted to the Nova Scotia Voyageurs. Bergevin was complicit in the sexual assault of a player and, last time I checked, the Habs didn't even win the Cup last summer. So don't be so sure that he can skate on this if social media decides to make a thing out of this.

“Bergevin fully cooperated during the investigation while many others refused, and the findings as reported exonerate him”

Mitch Melnick yesterday afternoon quoting Rick Westhead when asked for further details from the Tuesday segment on TSN690 when he stated MB was “not implicated in anyway by the thorough investigation” - Tuesday segment below at 9:50 mark

But hey why let facts get in the way...

“Bergevin fully cooperated during the investigation while many others refused, and the findings as reported exonerate him”

Mitch Melnick yesterday afternoon quoting Rick Westhead when asked for further details from the Tuesday segment on TSN690 when he stated MB was “not implicated in anyway by the thorough investigation” - Tuesday segment below at 9:50 mark

But hey why let facts get in the way...
Because at a certain point facts become irrelevant. No one is arguing that Bergevin is legally culpable of anything. This is a moral and ethical failure we're talking about. At some point, he found out about it and he did nothing. He said nothing. But that doesn't mean he isn't guilty on a higher level than legally.

Back