• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

Comes off as a little self-serving when he kisses the Wirtz's asses. Like he's angling for a job.
It all comes down to line drawing. This is about controlling the way the incident is memorialized for posterity. There will be good guys and bad guys. Sopel may actually believe that ownership didn't know and that could be accurate. Not every team owner is a Steinbrenner who is constantly meddling with his subordinates. Most owners only care about the money.

He also chalks up management's inaction to bad judgement more than anything malicious and again maybe that's true but given what we've learned about some of the discussions that took place among these coaching and management guys is that they were all in on victim blaming. But even if we give them the benefit of the doubt and just say that they were stupid and exercised poor judgement it's still a fireable offense, especially since there were 2 victims looking to them for help. Displaying a lack of awareness and bad judgement are things that should get you fired from a position where you have big responsibilities. Want to know why a GM signs a player to a ridiculous contract? Well, because they're dumb and lack proper judgement. In this case, the Hawks' front office and coaching staff, as a result of their bad judgement (whether malice was intended or not) brought the franchise into disrepute. Hurting the image of the brand inevitably costs money and that's why all these people need to go.

I saw a few things online where people were speculating that Quenneville might get hired to coach the Habs. Are these people for real? Quenneville will never stand behind an NHL bench ever again. He's more toxic and less welcome in an NHL dressing room than an outbreak of Covid. And in 2021 people in these situations don't get rehabilitated, reeducated or reformed in any way, shape or form. They just get cancelled.

that must be the fastest to 10 million dollars ever for an NHL player
Not really. Connor McDavid was the highest paid player in the league before Adam Fox even signed his first pro contract. Heck, he's not even the highest paid player from his own draft class.

Not really. Connor McDavid was the highest paid player in the league before Adam Fox even signed his first pro contract. Heck, he's not even the highest paid player from his own draft class.
no i meant the fastest in terms of getting almost 10 million after playing so few nhl games.

Sabres got the best they could . They are a shit show organization but they have no fuken luck

If this was an ACL or shoulder injury , they get better value

Who the heck knows how this works out for Jack

For Vegas it as no brainer move

Gotta laugh at all the posters that thought that Eichel would fetch 4 blue chip assets. They couldn't even get a non-protected first round pick, or even 2 1st round pick.

Gotta laugh at all the posters that thought that Eichel would fetch 4 blue chip assets. They couldn't even get a non-protected first round pick, or even 2 1st round pick.

I think it came down to Jack not wanting to play for some teams and some teams not wanting his surgery

Also , any better deals probably had player X not wanting to go to Buffalo

I could see Calgary offering MK a pending RFA but he said .....no to resigning .

Tuch will get top minutes and should score 25

If Krebs a top 20 NHL prospect can net 60 points , its as good as Buffalo was going to get

I think it came down to Jack not wanting to play for some teams and some teams not wanting his surgery

I could see Calgary offering MK a pending RFA but he said .....no to resigning .

If Krebs a top 20 NHL prospect can net 60 points , its as good as Buffalo was going to get
Terry Pegula came out in the summer saying he wanted Eichel moved to Western Conf and his wife (Kim, President of Sabres) reiterated position a couple of weeks back.

Combine that mandate from ownership w Eichel’s NMC kicking in next July + surgery + cap hit ...

He had no leverage without an NMC ot NTC

Back