• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

He got suspended for being an asshole?

I mean, what is this, House League hockey?
I hope for the sake of the game and for all coaches that this is about more than a coach who yells at people and hurts their feelings. Because if that is now a fireable offense then you may as well pack your things and turn off the lights on the NHL when you leave because it's over. Physical assault? Sure, fire him and cancel him. But yelling? Having temper tantrums? Throwing chairs? Please. Grow a fucking pair, ffs.

He got suspended for being an asshole?

I mean, what is this, House League hockey?
based on a law firm’s preliminary investigation into allegations he had created a hostile workplace atmosphere by repeatedly scolding club employees, sending scathing messages to players and berating the team’s coaches

Are you not aware that Millennials are, generally speaking, a bunch of pussies?
Hey, as I wrote on the Leafs board, it's not for no good reason why Matthews and Marner choke every spring. It's not because they have no talent, it's because they have no balls. They're a couple of fragile wusses who get exposed as soon as the refs put away their whistles and their opponents start to play a take-no-prisoners style of playoff hockey. My point was that toxic masculinity exists in the NHL because it is an essential element to winning. Assholes win Cups, nice guys finish last. No touchy-feely millennial bullshit is going to change the math on that equation.

Hey, as I wrote on the Leafs board, it's not for no good reason why Matthews and Marner choke every spring. It's not because they have no talent, it's because they have no balls. They're a couple of fragile wusses who get exposed as soon as the refs put away their whistles and their opponents start to play a take-no-prisoners style of playoff hockey. My point was that toxic masculinity exists in the NHL because it is an essential element to winning. Assholes win Cups, nice guys finish last. No touchy-feely millennial bullshit is going to change the math on that equation.
Until touchy feely becomes the norm across all 32-teams

This sums up the last several posts:

View attachment 10430
It doesn't invalidate anything written in those posts. How did the Habs get to the finals? Not by having fragile millennials like Drouin, who couldn't even face the prospect of getting out of bed let alone suiting up and playing. No, they got there by having a team of cross-checking, high-sticking, cheap-shotting, no fucks given assholes like Weber, Edmundson and Perry (and Price on drugs)

I hope not. One of the things I like most about my son's bantam AAA hockey (despite the exorbitant cost) is that his coach will yell at him if he screws up on the ice - it's nothing personal. Good life lessons.
If nothing else it teaches them that there's no such thing as a "safe space" in the real world and that reality doesn't give a shit about anyone's feelings.

This is pro sports at the highest level, man. If people don't like getting yelled at, do what Kevin Klein did: Forfeit your contract that would give you millions of dollars and go play in Switzerland. Nice and easy lifestyle with not much traveling and you live in a nice country.

It's one thing to be abusive, but this just sounds like Bob Murray's an asshole. And I've always liked having assholes for bosses, personally.

It doesn't invalidate anything written in those posts. How did the Habs get to the finals? Not by having fragile millennials like Drouin, who couldn't even face the prospect of getting out of bed let alone suiting up and playing. No, they got there by having a team of cross-checking, high-sticking, cheap-shotting, no fucks given assholes like Weber, Edmundson and Perry (and Price on drugs)

Everyone single one of those guys are millennials.

Back