• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

Also, there’s a difference between being an asshole and being abusive. It is possible to coldly tell someone they need to do better without calling them stupid or lazy.

Also, Madden Jr will not be a promotion candidate anywhere as GM in the near future - having worked closely w Murray he is now looked upon as stained from a corporate optics perspective, and with what looks like a new guard coming in with Ducks, they’ll want their own people so Madden Jr will be free “to pursue other opportunities”

Good news, I suspect he’ll become available as a potential Timmins replacement

I didn't pick the Rangers to make the playoffs but I knew they were a sleeper team simply because of Gerard Gallant. I just didn't think they had enough depth in the roster yet. Turns out I should have known, Though its early, Gallant has them achieving anyway.

Vegas might have won a Cup by now had they kept Gallant They have not been the same team since. Vegas, Florida let him go ,for reasons that apparently had nothing to do with not winning. Dumb. They made other things more important than winning by firing Gallant.

Some rare coaches get teams to win regardless of the personnel.

I didn't pick the Rangers to make the playoffs but I knew they were a sleeper team simply because of Gerard Gallant. I just didn't think they had enough depth in the roster yet. Turns out I should have known, Though its early, Gallant has them achieving anyway.

Vegas might have won a Cup by now had they kept Gallant They have not been the same team since. Vegas, Florida let him go ,for reasons that apparently had nothing to do with not winning. Dumb. They made other things more important than winning by firing Gallant.

Some rare coaches get teams to win regardless of the personnel.
Gallant is much like Torts. Very abrasive personality.
Like Torts, Gallant has a shorter than avg shelf life of a coach, but will net short term results… and that’s what Jim Dolan was looking for with NYR

Back