• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

I don't see why NYR would trade him for simply a very good prospect and late 1st...they would need to be blown away

There's no room for him on the top 6 and PP at this very moment....but they can afford to be patient with him

Yup , plus he should play a bigger role role next year

Year 3 is typically when a top prospect makes progress

One of Barron/Guhle/Harris/Mailloux + Calgary's first.

Don't know what's going on NYR, maybe he doesn't get along with the coach, maybe the expectations are too high, who knows. I just find it unfathomable that he's not good enough for the NHL.
Don’t want him

I don't see why NYR would trade him for simply a very good prospect and late 1st...they would need to be blown away

There's no room for him on the top 6 and PP at this very moment....but they can afford to be patient with him
Because once you drive it off the lot you lose 20%.

I’d move Barron but the other 3 I would not. Don’t need another Gomez situation here with McDonagh.

I love where we are headed with the D. Wouldn’t touch them.

Poehling + Calgary’s 1st

Likely not enough, so maybe we’re not a good match for the Rangers.

Last edited:
The thing with Mailloux/Harris/Guhle/Barron is, not all of them are going to make it here. There's probably one, maybe two, who aren't going to be NHLers.

I think Harris & Guhle are virtually guaranteed to have long NHL careers, but I don't think either one of them will ever be considered elite d-men. Mailloux & Barron, TBD, but they have greater potential upside.

Nearly two years ago, I made a thread asking: Would you trade Nick Suzuki for Lafrenière? My thinking at the time was simple: No matter how good a winger is, they are an inherently less valuable position than centers, even if the center is the inferior player.

If I were to make the same thread now, I don't think anyone here would trade Suzuki for Lafrenière. However, I would still give up a fair amount for Lafrenière. There's always the debate about, who should play next to Caufield & Suzuki? Is it Anderson? Is it Drouin? Is it Pitlick? Is it Armia (lol)?

How about Alexis Lafrenière?

I'd still be shocked if Lafrenière didn't end up becoming a premier player in the NHL. He was just too good of a Junior player, and just so much better than everyone in his age group, I just don't know how he wouldn't become a premier player in the NHL.

The thing with Mailloux/Harris/Guhle/Barron is, not all of them are going to make it here. There's probably one, maybe two, who aren't going to be NHLers.

I think Harris & Guhle are virtually guaranteed to have long NHL careers, but I don't think either one of them will ever be considered elite d-men. Mailloux & Barron, TBD, but they have greater potential upside.

Nearly two years ago, I made a thread asking: Would you trade Nick Suzuki for Lafrenière? My thinking at the time was simple: No matter how good a winger is, they are an inherently less valuable position than centers, even if the center is the inferior player.

If I were to make the same thread now, I don't think anyone here would trade Suzuki for Lafrenière. However, I would still give up a fair amount for Lafrenière. There's always the debate about, who should play next to Caufield & Suzuki? Is it Anderson? Is it Drouin? Is it Pitlick? Is it Armia (lol)?

How about Alexis Lafrenière?

I'd still be shocked if Lafrenière didn't end up becoming a premier player in the NHL. He was just too good of a Junior player, and just so much better than everyone in his age group, I just don't know how he wouldn't become a premier player in the NHL.

I think all 4D will be on NHL rosters and on our team at some point

How they develop is anyone’s guess , but Logan has the highest ceiling

Guehle is a cant miss 3-4 as his floor

Too good a skater and defender with some offensive ability

A better skater Parayko type

The great thing is all 4 bring different elements , size , skating , transition , big shot , gap control , etc...

Last edited:
Back