• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

Agreed , but in a cap world to be playoff competitive/contending over a decade is great
It's not great, it's beside the point. As Herm Edwards famously said, "You play to win the game." A decade full of competitiveness/contention but devoid of championships is a wasted decade.

And from 2010-2021, we lost the Cup finals once in the conference finals twice, same record as those lauded Sharks.
There is no comparison between the 2 teams

After our cup in 93 to 2020 , Habs missed the playoffs 10 times and won 9 playoff rounds

Team was out of the playoffs nearly half the time

Sharks missed 4 times and won 20 playoff series .......no contest between the 2

After our cup in 93 to 2020 , Habs missed the playoffs 10 times and won 9 playoff rounds

Same number of Cups for both teams during that span so we're only arguing about degrees of failure.

They were definitely most consistently competitive, just never that great either.

Agreed but you can say for a decade they were in the cup conversation , Habs were never there
Not really, they were the perpetual good regular season team that never amount to anything in the playoffs.

Both teams achieved exactly the same thing, SJ just had better numbers during that period.

Not really, they were the perpetual good regular season team that never amount to anything in the playoffs.

Both teams achieved exactly the same thing, SJ just had better numbers during that period.
When you miss the playoffs have the time you stink

Lafrenière's a healthy scratch tonight.

I wonder if he'll be on the NYR on starting night next season...

kind of amazing that he's not worth as much as Cole...I know he's 10 months younger, but still

What would it take for the Habs to get him?

Something like Guhle and Calgary's 1st?
One of Barron/Guhle/Harris/Mailloux + Calgary's first.

Don't know what's going on NYR, maybe he doesn't get along with the coach, maybe the expectations are too high, who knows. I just find it unfathomable that he's not good enough for the NHL.

I don't see why NYR would trade him for simply a very good prospect and late 1st...they would need to be blown away

There's no room for him on the top 6 and PP at this very moment....but they can afford to be patient with him

Back