• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

To his credit, McCarron turned into something I never thought he could become: A fringe NHLer.

It's hard to describe how bad he was in London in his post-draft season. You could tell right away where the divide was: People who saw him play & those who saw his size & weight.

Oilers both had a 4-1 & a 5-3 lead, and now it's tied going into Overtime.

Good job, Ken Holland. Good fucking job.

Panthers-Leafs, what a game.

Give me that in the playoffs please.
They're both teams that I would not be shocked one bit if they were to lose in the first round. I think Toronto's first round fodder and Florida has too many games where they give up a bunch of goals.

But in terms of entertainment value? Sign me the fuck up.

They're both teams that I would not be shocked one bit if they were to lose in the first round. I think Toronto's first round fodder and Florida has too many games where they give up a bunch of goals.

But in terms of entertainment value? Sign me the fuck up.
Pond hockey

Tampa will have a huge goaltending advantage over every other team in the Atlantic. Huge.
I tuned in to them a couple of times in recent days and their play looks flat at the moment too. Can they make another run or will they be like the Hawks used to be and need a year to get another drive going? The dying weeks of the season are not a good time to get an assessment of the teams, especially this year with no real race in the East.

Carolina, maybe out of the East? They, too, looked a bit off to me. Maybe that's normal in the dying weeks of such a season, where they really is no race. Pittsburgh would be my dark horse pick, but goaltending good enough? Boston, Washington...nah. .... It should be interesting. Some of these teams will look completely different once the playoffs begin; some may not.

I tuned in to them a couple of times in recent days and their play looks flat at the moment too. Can they make another run or will they be like the Hawks used to be and need a year to get another drive going? The dying weeks of the season are not a good time to get an assessment of the teams, especially this year with no real race in the East.

Carolina, maybe out of the East? They, too, looked a bit off to me. Maybe that's normal in the dying weeks of such a season, where they really is no race. Pittsburgh would be my dark horse pick, but goaltending good enough? Boston, Washington...nah. .... It should be interesting. Some of these teams will look completely different once the playoffs begin; some may not.

Not sold on Carolina at all

Back