• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

The Rangers are a mediocre team with a goaltender having a historically great season. I don't believe in them at all. Sorta like the Habs in the prime Price years.

When you have a team that has a goaltender that's pretty much won the Vezina by February, and will get real consideration for the Hart, it speaks volume about how bad the team is.

I mean, Melnyk isn't the ideal owner, but he's a large part of the reason there's still a franchise in Ottawa.

Quite a story to own an NHL team at such a young age.....not sure what his illness was exactly, other than he had had a liver transplant some years ago.

I see Mike McCarron scored a couple of goals the other night. And to think we doubted the pick-Timmins knew what he was doing all along. :)

Seriously, its a waste of time drafting these kind of guys in the first round for more reasons than that they just aren't very good, only big. Even if they do eventually make it to the league in some limited capacity, it may take years and years and will have likely moved on to another organization by then. Its the kind of guy you might take a late round flyer on at best.....yes, we've said all this before.

I see Mike McCarron scored a couple of goals the other night. And to think we doubted the pick-Timmins knew what he was doing all along. :)

Seriously, its a waste of time drafting these kind of guys in the first round for more reasons than that they just aren't very good, only big. Even if they do eventually make it to the league in some limited capacity, it may take years and years and will have likely moved on to another organization by then. Its the kind of guy you might take a late round flyer on at best.....yes, we've said all this before.
Totally forgot about him. He was the subject of much debate about minor league point production and nhl ceiling back in the day.

McCarron is probably the temporary beneficiary of league expansion. I don't think it will be long before Nashville finds another 4th line forward to replace him.

He's actually starting to look like an okay bottom 6 player. Which really should have always been the hope for him. Unfortunately, instead of taking him in the 3rd or 4th round, we took him in the 1st. The threw expectations way off.

He's actually starting to look like an okay bottom 6 player. Which really should have always been the hope for him. Unfortunately, instead of taking him in the 3rd or 4th round, we took him in the 1st. The threw expectations way off.
he is basically at his prime right now

being a first rounder is interesting - you get many more chances early in your career than a late round pick would
but you also have raised expectations so you might not get looks once you get to 27 years old

good on mccarron for getting in 44 games so far this year

Back