• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around The League - 2024-25 Regular Season

Since Niskanen retired the Flyers have been in free fall. Desperate for some offense on the D, too bad for them Ellis couldn't stay healthy.

Any thoughts on the Kotkaniemi deal? 8 years is a long time to sign at 21. He hasn't looked great this year but is only getting limited ice time. He is still a wildcard, seems to lack the drive and desire though. Anyone still think he will develop into something more?

Any thoughts on the Kotkaniemi deal? 8 years is a long time to sign at 21. He hasn't looked great this year but is only getting limited ice time. He is still a wildcard, seems to lack the drive and desire though. Anyone still think he will develop into something more?
Who knows. I think the contract doesn't just say what he thinks of himself, it screams it.

I would assume Trochek is gone this summer and Staal the year after .

He should get more ice and can play LW

I like Jarvis better but KK should be fine,

Locked up for his entire prime years , and if he can be a 40-50 point player contract isn’t too bad

KKs producing at almost the exact same rate as last year w the Habs (.38 vs .36 PPG), despite playing for a much more offensively gifted & deeper team w a system emphasizing offense, and despite his career high 14.5 S% at present (vs career low 5.7% last season)

Meh, is KK a 3rd or 4th line player? You can always find free agents every year in the 4-5m range to put up similar numbers, like a Tatar. If he stays in the <30pt range then it's probably not that great especially considering CAR's offense. I guess it gives them cost certainty.

Back