• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Carolina Hurricanes 2024 Summer Talk ... press the reset button?

Tony Androckitis says he’s hearing the return is a conditional 7th rounder.
SOLD!

The condition being ... if you wake up and don't want him after arbitration then we'll add you to the Christmas card list. C'mon. Who doesn't want a card from Stormy?

Was it just me that Morrow looked fine for his level of actual NHL action? Give the boy more ice time and he should be fine. Right? But then again, I would make the worst scout ever.

Last edited:
I mean, it's not all about scoring. It's about out-scoring the other guys, basically. I'm not sure last season's team every really hit its stride defensively, even with the solid goals against numbers.
Like I said, it’s about scoring and you get outscored when you don’t score. See FLA in 2023 and NYR in 2024…

Was it just me that Morrow looked find for his level of actual NHL action? Give the boy more ice time and he should be fine. Right? But then again, I would make the worst scout ever.
He looked good in the game I saw him play— jumping into the offense, SOG and there was the odd miss step, but really he was pretty sturdy on the 3rd pairing.

He looked good in the game I saw him play— jumping into the offense, SOG and there was the odd miss step, but really he was pretty sturdy on the 3rd pairing.
I’d rather let him marinate in Chicago playing all situations than sit in the press box in Raleigh. Stillman or Smith will be fine in that role for a short term issue. If there is a long term issue, then Morrow should come, but for the day to day grind? Let him learn the pro game.

Lots of noise that the proposed Necas for Ehlers swap is back on the table. Ehlers has 1 more year at $6 million.

That is definitely not a 1 for 1 swap I would want the Canes to make. I would rather get back a 1st round prospect from the 2021, 2022, or 2023 draft and a couple of draft picks. I don't want Nik Ehlers.

That is definitely not a 1 for 1 swap I would want the Canes to make. I would rather get back a 1st round prospect from the 2021, 2022, or 2023 draft and a couple of draft picks. I don't want Nik Ehlers.
Well, they never officially announced the Coghlan trade. Maybe it’s Necas and Coghlan for Ehlers. ;)

Was it just me that Morrow looked fine for his level of actual NHL action? Give the boy more ice time and he should be fine. Right? But then again, I would make the worst scout ever.
In general you want the college kids to play a season of pro hockey before you throw them in the fire. That said, Slavin and Pesce only played a little bit in the A before more than holding their own in the NHL. Better for him to play a bunch of games, also. Remember, college seasons are short and the games are weirdly spaced out.

Ehlers is an interesting case. He's got decent counting stats production and his underlying numbers have always been positive but nobody ever seems to be interested in the guy. If you were trading Necas for Ehlers straight up, Carolina would be getting the better, more productive player which is generally well received. And look, I get that all Canes fans want to guard against trading away Necas and having him just go off and become an 80 point every year guy, but with his mentality the chances of that happening are vanishingly slim. Bottom line, they could do a lot worse than Ehlers.

Back